Aslan's Country

"Call them back," Diggory's words were sharp. "Those poor children have been through too much."

Aslan shook his head. "All in time. Edmund still has yet to learn his lesson. Caspian has learned his: That true love requires unwavering faith. Lucy, that while friendship is strong, family is stronger. Yet Edmund still needs to open his eyes that love comes from those you least expect it to."

Jill gave him a puzzled look. "But Leah is gone now. How has he not learned his lesson?"

"Leah is with Seth in eternity. Edmund must learn to move on."

"This is madness!" Polly exclaimed. "They shouldn't be going through all this! It's all because of Susan's foolishness in the first place!"

"Shut your mouth!" Eustace turned to the older woman. "I'm sick of you putting all this on Susan! We are the ones who pushed her away! It's more our fault than hers."

His words hung over those from England. They all turned to where Aslan had been, but he was gone.

"Well, this is fun." Jill looked at the three others. "We've gone and chased Aslan off. Jolly good job."

-

"Caspi-" Susan clutched at her stomach. They had been running so long,  fleeing from James. They had no idea what became of the others. Now, the fatigue had caused Susan to go into labor. 

Caspian scooped her up. "Where is the nearest midwife?"

"Well, I don't know about a midwife," Susan took a sharp breath in. "But a hospital is two blocks away."

-

"Poor Ed," Lucy said quietly as she and Peter wandered the streets looking for Susan.

"Yeah," Peter's voice was raw, something uncommon for the strong king. Then, Lucy remembered he had gone out with Felicity months ago. His pain hit her hard.

"I'm so sorry Pete," the brunette pulled her brother into a tight hug.

His eyes were glassy. "I just don't understand. It's like she was a completely different person."

"Some people are born crazy. Others make themselves that way," She gave him a tiny smile."We need to find Susan. That's our primary goal."

Peter sighed. "You're right. Let's go."

-

"Another one?" Isabela asked the raven haired king as he downed his third glass.

He shook his head, sad eyes peeking out from his hair. "I've learned my limit. Being a king helps with that."

Isabela laughed, taking a swig from her glass. "I suppose it would. So, what's it like."

"What's what like?" Edmund tilted his head.

"You know, Aslan's country. Is it just like Narnia?"

"Well, yes and no," Edmund started, forgetting slowly the pain he was feeling in his heart. "While the lands themselves are exact copies, Aslan's country is brighter. Things there are peaceful, almost as if one is napping and having a pleasant dream. I thought I was dreaming at first, until I tripped and hit my head. It didn't hurt, but it stung."

"I see," Isabela downed her remaining drink. "Now, I'm guessing you'll want to head to the the hospital. You're about to become an uncle."