Content & Author's Note

A/N

This is a new project of mine I'm kind of excited about. I'm a huge nerdy geek type person and I like doing research for my stories because why not be a dork?

This book will contain mentions of mental illnesses such as depression and schizophrenia (along with possible mentions of self-harm but I will not delve deep into this, so don't let that scare you). now, I know everybody gets offended nowadays for everything so I must say this. This is a sensitive topic and as someone who has suffered from depression for years, I believe it's my duty to tell a truthful story and not just show one side of a mental illness like so many mistakenly do.

I vow that I will try my best not to stereotype anyone in this story and that I will do my homework, but if I do make a mistake or you find something offensive, please feel free to tell me and I will fix that because I'm not here to offend people, I'm here to tell a story.

This is a rough draft and there will be mistakes, just bare with me please, nobodies perfect.

***

I have to believe the crazy isn't there.

That's probably how I'll survive my own mind, that's probably how I'll become a functioning member of society.

Probably.

**

I'm 20 and I live with my parents and baby sister. I'm on a strict diet of 4 pills every five hours, and I work at a bakery. I'm your typical 90's baby. Except for the fact that there's something wrong with my head and I see and hear things that aren't always real. But that's okay most days. Some days, though, I feel like the world is on my shoulders.

Like whenever I see the man in the black robe.

No, really. I'm fine. I'm not crazy. It's just that my hallucinations are getting bad--life threatening, even. And my new boss is out to get me. And my parents are fighting. And I kind of get the feeling that everything's my fault and everyone hates me.

I'm not crazy, am I?