Chapter 21 ~ More Drama

I woke up in the Hospital Wing a few hours later. I was sore all over my body, and my head was pounding. I groaned at the pain. I remembered everything before I passed out. I was emerging from the water when it happened. I kept on hearing voices boom in my ear.

When I woke up, I saw Harry beside the bed. "Hey, sis. How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" my voice cracked.

"Well, you passed out after you emerged from the water--"

"No, with the task," I said.

"Oh. Well, Cedric won first place, and we won second for saving Fleur's sister. Viktor was upset when he won third. So was Igor. Then Fleur won last. She didn't even make it past the Grindylows."

I groaned in pain again. "I wonder how Crouch feels about the whole thing."

"He talked to me after the task."

"What did he say?"

"I'm not sure. Something about life going on and stuff. Then Moody came in and said something. Then Barty left."

I looked down at the bed and came up with another subject. "I was the caretaker this time."

He knew what I meant. "I was, too."

"What does it mean?" I asked. "I have a feeling it's something bad. Don't you think so?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

I huffed a sigh. "I try, Harry, but it's not that easy. It's just...that man. He haunts me. Seeing him get murdered all over again, the shock and pleading look in his eyes..." I shook my head, a lump forming in my throat. "That dream gets to me and so does the third person. I see him in the same dream with his dirty look and chilling eyes." I started crying. "This is all too much, Harry. It really is."

"Max..." Harry shot me a comforting look. "It'll be okay. Get some sleep. I'll come back and visit you later tonight."

I nodded and closed my eyes, letting the last tears fall. I heard Harry walk out as I started sleeping. About an hour after I fell asleep, something happened. I felt someone's lips being pressed against mine. I didn't even wake up to see who it was. In fact, I stayed asleep the entire time.

Then, my scar started to hurt.

I started to twitch. I was working up a sweat and I was also seeing something. It looked like a flashback. It went away, then I saw me in the caretaker's spot again. Suddenly, I was hit with a green light.

When I woke up, someone was shaking me.

I gasped and started gasping for air. I saw that it was Cedric. He looked at me with a worried look. "Max! Max, calm down." I calmed down a bit and looked at Cedric. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He sighed in relief. "Merlin, I was worried about you."

"Was that you who kissed me earlier?"

"I didn't kiss you earlier."

"Yes, you did. You were the one that came in, right?"

"No. Did someone else kiss you?"

I thought about it more, then sighed in defeat after not getting anywhere with it. "I don't know. Maybe I was imagining it." I nodded quickly. "Yeah, that's what it was. I was dreaming."

"Well, at least I get to kiss you now." He smiled as he climbed into my bed beside me and started kissing me. I started kissing back with more passion than ever. As we continued on, we heard someone cough behind us.

It was Harry.

"Harry!" I said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asked, eyeing me the entire time.

Cedric chuckled nervously. "No. In fact, I was just about to leave." He crawled out of the bed and gave me a peck on the cheek.

Once he left, Harry turned back to me. "Madam Pomfrey said that you can go now." He helped me out of bed and we walked out of the Hospital Wing. It was now awkward. "So what happened?" he asked me.

"Nothing." I felt my face get hot. "I guess things were getting intense."

"Right," he said. "But to more important matters, Mr. Crouch is dead."

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I went to Dumbledore to tell him about the dream. Then I saw a flashback. It was Igor, Crouch, and his son, the third man in the dream."

"The guy that I saw over the summer."

"Yes."

"Anything else?"

"Snape accused me and you of taking his ingredients from his cabinet."

"Really? Well, someone came in and kissed me while I was asleep."

"It was probably Cedric."

"It wasn't him."

Harry stopped dead in his tracks. I looked at him funny. "What? Is that why I saw Malfoy walking out of the Hospital Wing earlier?"

My mouth dropped. The guy that kissed me was Malfoy?!

At that moment, I saw him coming down the hallway.

I ran up to him and pinned against the wall. "WHAT THE HELL MADE YOU THINK IT WAS OKAY FOR YOU TO KISS ME LIKE THAT?! YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT, MALFOY!" Harry pulled me off of him and held me back from punching Malfoy in the face.

"You have no proof that it was me, Potterette." He smirked.

"Well, who else was out of bed with you, then?"

"Your boyfriend, you idiot. Besides, why would I want to kiss you again? You're a horrible kisser."

"I could say the same about you."

He scoffed. "Bitch."

"Arse."

"Slut."

"Ferret."

"Twa--"

"OKAY, THAT'S ENOUGH!" Harry yelled. "Let's go, Max." He grabbed me while I still had my eyes on Malfoy. We were glaring at each other with our best death looks.

"Just leave us alone," I told Draco.

"Gladly," he retorted. "Good luck with the final task. I'm sure you two will need it more than ever."

With that, we shot each other one last dirty look before cutting the corner, with Malfoy no longer in sight.

A/N: Another chapter whoooo! Only three more to go...

Yes. After three more chapters I will be working on When Twins Strike Back which is the third book in the DT Series! So excited!

I didn't think I'd make it this far! Ahh I'm so happy. But now my heart's aching because this book is almost over. :'(

2020: I understand that Draco kissing Max in her sleep is weird and wrong, but again, I was 16 when I wrote this and I didn't know any better (I know things are different now than when I joined back in 2012, so I'm more aware and careful of what I add in a story). But for this scene specifically, I wanted to add more tension between Draco and Max.

So comment, vote, and wait for the next chapter! It will be the third task. Bye!

-A