Chapter 19

*Shanes POV*
I heard a loud crash in the back of my mind. My eyes were squeezed shut as I could sense a strong light shining down on to me.
The echo of a familiar voice was dimmed by my unconsciousness, but was soon enough to bring me back to reality.
With all of my strength, I managed to separate my eyelids and open my eyes, trying to allow my eyes to adjust as quickly as possible. It took a few seconds before what had registered in my mind.
I tried to kill myself.
Realisation hit me as I saw Joey's figure hovering above me, my shoulders gently being shaken by the silhouette which watched over me.

"Shane! Oh Shane thank god!!!" He cried, I could now see the pain which I had caused him. His face was blotchy from crying and tears were streaming down his soft cheeks.
"I, I thought I lost you." He whispered, his voice cracking more and more with each word. My heart felt heavy for him and I began to regret my decision which could have taken a huge toll on Joey's life. How selfish of me.

"I'm sorry Joey." I apologised as soon as I could, hoping to repair the damage which I had already done.

"It's not your fault you feel this way Shane. Come on, let's get you to a hospital." He said comfortingly, grabbing me gently and lifting me up onto my feet. It was hard for me to walk so he put my arm around his neck and took most of my weight as I leaned on him for support. We walked through my damaged bathroom door before the images of Joey hitting it down flashed through my mind. I pinched my eyes closed as a tear rolled down my face, but I quickly wiped it away hoping Joey wouldn't notice.

"Where's mom?" I asked, confused and still very dazed.

"She's downstairs. She couldn't take seeing you on the floor but she called an ambulance. It should be here soon." He told me as we walked down the narrow stairs one step at a time. I nodded my head in understanding.

We finally finished walking down the stairs, slowly but surely and Joey opened the door to the lounge. My mom was sat there in pieces. She looked up at me and rushed over.

"Shane! I'm so glad you're okay. Oh my poor, poor baby! The ambulance is on its way okay? Sit down honey!" She explained in a hurry and Joey helped me over to the sofa. I plopped down onto it and leaned back, closing my eyes as almost every movement I made was as exhausting as the last.
I tried my hardest to smile at her, even though tears were trying to break free from my tear ducts. I could feel the lump in my throat almost choking me as I felt guilty for my selfish action. I hated myself more than before, I didn't realise this was even possible.

Joey and my mom reassured me that I would be fine and everything was okay until the ambulance arrived, but whether I believed them or not was a whole other story.
Shortly afterwards I was carted off in the ambulance with sirens roaring and speeding past traffic. Apparently I kept loosing consciousness, but I wasn't really paying much attention. My thoughts were constantly overwhelmed with questions. "Why?" I kept asking myself.
Joey held my hand and squeezed it, drawing my attention towards him. He gave me a faint smile which I could see he was trying to hide the pain behind. His eyes were filled with sadness and guilt, but I wasn't quite sure why he'd feel guilty.

"It'll be okay." He smiled once again, simultaneously squeezing my hand before leaning in and pecking me on the forehead. This was why I loved Joey. He was always so sweet to me even when I was a selfish asshole. He always looked past my dick moments and somehow, he found the real me. And he loved me. Something I'd never truly experienced before.

When we pulled up at the hospital, I was asked to sit in a wheelchair, I didn't object to this because pfft, who wants exercise right?

As soon as we passed the threshold of the hospital doors, that horrible 'hospitally' smell filled my lungs, causing me to scrunch my nose up in disgust. It instantly made me want to barf. I grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and closed my mouth shut tightly as possible.

"I'm g-gonna barf!" I yelled, alarming the paramedic who was wheeling me in.

"Can we get a bowl?!" He yelled, running to reception desk. The receptionist reacted quickly and almost threw a vomit bowl at the paramedic, who once again ran back to me. In this short space of time I managed to hold it in, until I grabbed the bowl. Relief rushed over me as I threw up all that was contained in my stomach. "This is good. Hopefully the tablets wouldn't have settled into your system quite yet." He reassured me, continuing to wheel me through the corridor as everyone in the waiting room looked at me with either judgement or purely trying to patronise me.

~
A/N
No this isn't the whole chapter, I will be updating more in a few hours :) hope you're enjoying it so far, also, my apologies for the terrible updates and months of waiting. I am trying to get back on track but I have a lot going on lately! Thank you everyone for sticking around.