Chapter 3

*Shane's POV*

I woke up at around 6 am and means Joey was still fast asleep I went outside for a smoke.

Great a 'No Smoking' sign.

''Fuck them I'm dying for a cig.'' I whispered to myself, lighting a cigarette and putting it in my mouth, taking a drag.

I was almost finished with it when a girl shouted out from behind me.

''Read the sign asshole!''

''Bitch! I've gone 26 hours and 27 minutes without one. I'm having one wether you like it or not, I'm craving it!'' I yelled back to her moodily.

She walked closer to me and snatched it off of me and dropped it on the floor, without stamping on it to extinguish the small flame.

She quickly ran away as she saw I was getting angry. I began to chase her not realising the cigarette had started a small fire besides the cabin.

''Hey you! You just started a fire!'' She yelled then went into her cabin leaving me outside to take care of the fire.
Smoke alarms started going off and surprise surprise, I got in trouble.

"Shane Lee! in reception NOW! We've phoned your mother." A receptionist came out of nowhere and yelled.

Oh shit.

I had to sit inside reception for an hour and a half until my Mom finally arrived. I felt sick to the stomach when she pulled up outside.

''SHANE LEE YAW!" She yelled, charging in through the automatic doors.

"Mom... I know what you're gonna say but it wasn't all my fault."

"Like heck Shane! There was evidence!" She screamed right in my ear, pointing in my face.

"Does that mean I get to go home?" I asked hopeful and trying my luck.

"Like heck does it! I promised you are staying here for 6 weeks, Its your second day here and you've already got in trouble twice. You promised me you'd behave, But you can't control yourself can you?! I swear I can't stand this any longer! Well done you beat your record! Not even 2 damn days without getting into trouble! Do not I repeat DO NOT let me get another phone call about your behaviour! Not even 48 damn hours Shane! 48 hours! You need help. Serious help! You've been to special classes and you've blown it! You've even been kicked out of anger management classes! What the heck is wrong with you Shane, what the actual hell is wrong with you?! You can't go a day without pissing me off can you?! You are just a little twit lately, I swear I feel like giving up! What do you say for your self huh?!" My Mom screamed, guilt tripping me entirely about something that wasn't even my fault.

"Mom! It wasn't me!" I cried, tears dripping down my face. I wiped my eyes and sobbed into my hands. Not even my own mother was going to defend me.

"You say that every time Shane! I'd love to believe you, honestly I would!" She still shouted but started calming down a bit.

"So are you gonna scream at me or are you going to punish me?" I asked after wiping away my last tear, hoping she'd let me come home.

"You're not going home Shane!"She screamed.

"Then should I go now?" I asked standing up and pointing back towards the exit.

"Not just yet Mister! Think I forgot my promise?!" She said, her face going red.

"Shit." I whispered.

"Come here Shane!" She said grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto her knee.