Chapter Fourteen

VOLDEMORT'S POV

The fools.

Dumbledore, the biggest fool of them all, being led astray by Snape, who wasnt even that good of a liar. And Bella, the sweet fool woman who thought screaming would save her kid.

The door cracked open, and in flew Sarah, hair a mess and body crackling with electricity. It had been a while since she'd come to me.
"How are you child?" I asked, not really caring.
She smiled. "Dandy."
Where'd this attitude come from? oh... right. Sarcasm.
"How's that squib of yours Daddy?" she taunted, eyes ablaze, "still reckon he'll 'rule the world' over a weak little girl like me?"
Her eyes blazed red, and I smiled.
"Like father, like daughter apparently. Welcome home Sarah Riddle."
I extended my hand graciously, skin luminescent in the candlelight.
She widened her eyes, and sat, ignoring my attempt to...make amends, if you will.

SARAH'S POV

Welcome home? Of all the things to say... the bastard. I sat, pulling my cloak around my neck.
"I'm here to seek answers."
His eyes lit up, begging an explanation.
"Answers?"
"Yeah, like your plans before I head back to school tomorrow."
He smiled, exposing sharp filed teeth.
"Well of course; on one condition of course."
There was always the condition.
"Yes?" I asked briskly.
"You are to return here to live permanently, and once again be my second in command. Lucius is doing just a pathetic job."
I was back?
"Yes child, you are back."

Fucking Legimens.

HARRY'S POV

McGonnagal was her same old self since Umbridge had been fired. There was closeness between her and I, but I suspected that waals because of Dumbledore.

He'd been training me to protect myself from Voldemorts control, protectinf myseld while learning about Voldemorts tragic past.
"Sir?"
"Yes Harry?" Dumbledore replied, willing but tired.
"Do you think Sarah knows all this, all the protection and Voldemort's history?"
He smiled, biding time for his answer.
"I have no doubt." He replied cryptically, and then drew our lesson to a close.
Something was going on with him, first his charred hand and the weird lessons, and now even being secretive about someone like Sarah, a side player to the main game.

***

The room was abuzz with speculation when I returned to the commona room.
"I hear she's a Death Eater!" whispered Seamus obnoxiously- as per normal.
"I heard she's been fucking Draco Malfoy at night!" A third year squeaked.
Silence quickly fell within the crowd as Sarah herself walked in, a smile upon her face and a small girl behind her.
"Greetings all ye gossipers", she said in that ever-mocking tone, making the crowd pale. Then she added, "this is Helena. Helena ergh... Crabbapple. She is a fourth year halfblood and I ask you to show her more respect than you ever have me."
With that, Sarah turned and left once more, leaving the girl -Helena- flustered and bright red.

MELANIES POV

"Oh god Severus, what have I done?!" I squeaked to my longest friend. "Ive doomed her havent I? what if Tom finds out? She could be dead in a week!"
Severus smiled calmly, gently brewing tea as I stressed.
"She will be fine," he uttered in his deep calm voice, "as will you. Shes a witch Mel, its one of the few places she needs to be, and one of the safest currently, with you-know-who lurking around."
I nodded slowly, unconvinced.
"Besides," he added,"shes in the most protective house, and has Sarah looking over her. Does Sarah... know Hel is her sister?"
"No..  I fear what shell do Sev, she is not a good person, and too strong for us. Plus she moved out of the Order, who knows what shes becoming."
At this point Sev looked at me intently, reading anything I had in my eyes.
"You will be the one person capable of helping her if she surrenders her soul. Remember that."

And then, in no more than a whisper, he added, "thats going to apply to me too one day. Sorry."

Huh?