{ Chapter 21 }

Clary's POV

I cough and jolt wake, and body springing forward and eyes snapping open. I instantly squint because of the bright light, harsh on my sensitive eyes.

I'm in a room, a bedroom to be exact; and its familiarity is chilling me to the bone as I catch my breath and search around.

Issac's room. And I'm not alone in it. I clutch the white bed sheets as my eyes noticed a figure standing by the floor-to-celling window. Issac is staring directly at me, probably because of my noisy wake up.

My heart is free falling in my chest with longing, confusion, hope but also anger; a weird combination of emotions that I can't seem to grasp. Why am I here and what exactly happened?

Issac is leaning against the window, his head and shoulders balanced on the glass as he looks away from me. His hair is longer and he has a slight stubble; but he still looks ungodly perfect. I want to yell at him but I also want to calmly explain things. It's hard to figure out what I want.

"They weren't supposed to do that." He mutters quietly, and I of course heard him. "They didn't have any right to do what they did."

Memories come flooding back and I have deja vu of the last time I passed out on this pack's land and woke in my Mate's bed. I also gained back the memories of everything else; my pack's disgusting treaty with the humans, hitting Tobias with my car and driving him home.

And being ambushed. Despite my other overpowering emotions, I let only anger come out; a growl rippling through me and I jumped out of the bed to stand up and yell-

Issac seemed completely unfazed. He just shook his head and sighed; running a steady hand through his hair. He was acting so strange.

"Then why'd they do it?" I spoke after growling at him made no effect. My mind couldn't take being shut out by everyone anymore, I felt like everyone is hiding things and keeping me in the dark. It's killing me and so is being here with Issac.

"It was my father's rule to drug and imprison trespassers." Issac replied. "One I've been meaning to change, but I've only recently become Alpha ."

"So I'm just a trespasser." I hear my voice getting hysterical. My emotions want me to feel everything at once and My Wolf is whimpering. "It's not like I saved your brothers life or I'm your Mate or anything!" I'm shouting now.

Issac narrows his eyebrows at my words and leans off the window, taking a step towards me. My body wants to step away but My Wolf has more control at the moment and keeps my feet planted.

"Do you realize what you've done to my pack, do you blame them for what they did?" He says. The truth that he is now a full Alpha, the leader of my pack's enemy makes me shiver. "You were a spy, Clary, and you betrayed us."

A noise between a whimper and a sigh leave my lips. I did betray him and I can't say or do anything to make up for it.

"You knew. You knew about my pack's treaty, didn't you?" I mutter after his harsh words. I don't know how to respond to him so I ask the question that has been nagging at me.

He looks at me, confused as to why I changed the subject. I know he wants to talk about us, but I need other answers.

"Did you not know?" Issac questions. His emerald eyes stand out from the dark circles under his eyes and I notice the shaking in his hands; he is miserable.

"I just found out." I respond. "Is that why you want to take down my father and my whole pack?"

Issac looks away at the mention of my father, he has probably be trying to convince himself that I'm not who Tobias said I was, Alpha Kane's daughter, but I am.