{ Chapter 13 }

Clary's POV

The cold wind wrapped around my exposed legs after I quickly exited the pack house. Standing there I felt so out of place. And out of my mind.

I had brushed past Tobias on my way out, even though he had a look saying he wanted to speak with me; I just had to leave. This pack had been the complete opposite of what I imagined in my naïve mind.

They had been more accepting than I thought, but my mind put reason to their actions by saying they were kind because of who I was to their future Alpha. I was Issac's Mate and they couldn't just through me back into the woods.

Fixing my windblown hair hastily, I walked quickly into the thick tress; a worn down path catching my attention. I followed it while smelling the air surrounding my pajama clad body, unfazed by the cold because of the natural body heat radiating off my skin.

As my bare feet crunched along the forest floor, the recent events swirling in my head.

My Wolf was on top of the world when Issac was with us; I had to admit I would be too if it wasn't for the obvious complications. She would revel in the intimacy while I panicked.

Panicked because the closer we are, they worse it is going to be when he discovers the truth.

And also, the apparent reason I couldn't have his scent all over me while meeting up with my pack in secret. Whenever that was to happen, I could lie all I wanted, but if another wolf's scent was all over me, I wouldn't get to far.

A small gasp escaped my lips once a sharp snap of a branch sounded to my left.

I turned my head in the direction of the noise, my eyes landing on a small group of dark-colored wolves. To my surprise they were almost as huge as the ones in my pack. In my mind, other shifters wouldn't come close to the size of us, seeing as they were weaker; no pure-blood running through their heated veins.

Their beady dark eyes narrowed at me, a wary look dancing in their expressions. The emotion they were giving off was sort of defensive; almost like they didn't like me wandering their woods alone.

I had to admit I looked very out of place, but their gazes made me feel even more unwanted.

One of them huffed aloud, nudging his head in the opposite direction. The others glanced at me one last time then trotted away after him; disappearing and blending into the coverage of the forest.

Having no clue where I was, or where I was going, I lifted up my head a took a deep breath. My sharp senses located Nina's flowery scent far away, it was crowded by the smell of others and I could also detect that Rosaline was with her as well.

After being half-conscious while Issac carried me away from the clearing, I was having trouble finding it once more. Also I hadn't been around them too much to get familiar with their scents; a normal wolf probably couldn't do it, but here I was now running towards them.

My enhanced sense of smell lead me throughout various parts of the forest. The woods of this territory were so thick and my previous path had now vanished, making it difficult.

Whenever I smelt another wolf that wasn't familiar, I attempt to go the opposite direction. I still had a slight fear of this pack being hostile towards me, even if they had no clue who I truly was.

After many hasty moments of trying to trek through the unfamiliar terrian, I made it to the edge of a clearing. I sighed aloud, wishing I could've just done the trip in wolf form; it would've been treacherous because she was used to mountainous terrain, but I knew it would've been faster.