{ Chapter 11 }

Clary's POV

If one word could describe the feeling floating around in the air, it was; uncomfortable.

I was current sitting at the large dinning room table, the cold wood underneath me and delicate plates loaded with food in front of me. My fork was pushing the untouched meal around while I tried to work up some sort of apatite.

Giving up on eating, I glanced around at the others who were seated with me for the late dinner. Issac was to my right while Nina was to my left. Across from her was Lucas, joined by Rosaline.

After about ten more minutes of staying in the office with Marcus, Tobias had returned and sat along side Issac silently. Everyone was making small talk, most likely trying to settle the uneasiness.

The large glass windows behind me casted the sunset's light into the beautifully decorated dinning area. Every room in this house had a modern, neutral colored look to it that I had began to admire. I focused to my right, onto Issac as he discussed something with Lucas.

I knew he could tell I was staring, but I didn't seem to care. While I studied the way the orange light made his touchable hair look so soft, he shifted his muscular form to face me more.

Looking up I met his green eyes, and they held a questioning gaze.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I refocused on his face. His eyebrows were slightly raised, saying he had asked me something; and was waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry...I just- what did you say?" I asked, clearly embarrassed. Everyone was now focused on me and Issac, Lucas' gaze held a hint of amusement.

"We were going to go for a run, me and Toby have to check the borders anyway, so we thought we could just all go." Issac explained. His tone held hopefulness.

"Yeah after everything that's been going on I could seriously use one." Nina interjected. She ate one last bite of her food before pushing away her plate and glancing back to me hopefully.

Panic had struck me, my throat went dry and I felt My Wolf whimper softly in the cloudiness of my mind. They couldn't see me in wolf form, I couldn't ever shift in front of their watchful eyes.

Seeing my pure white, silkily coat is the equivalent of admitting I was their neighboring enemy to their faces.

Thinking quick I responded "I've been running so much lately and still feel pretty poorly. You should all go run, I'll stay behind."

Issac's expectant look dropped from his chiseled features at my words. The others nodded and began to gather their plates and silverware to take to the kitchen. Tobias met my gaze briefly, with a look I couldn't read, before turning away and exiting through the door.

"I can stay behind with you if you need me too-" Issac attempted to reason with me. His eyes searching mine, hopefully believing me.

"No. Go run with your brother and the others, I'll be okay." I said quickly, hoping he would let it go; slightly nodding my head towards to door everyone had left out of

Holding my gaze a little longer, he finally pushed out of his chair and left to the kitchen in silence. I didn't like to disappoint him, but there was no way I could expose myself.

If I screwed up one thing and gave away my true identity, the war I was prolonging would break out in a heartbeat. But something in the back of my mind wanted me to be completely honest with Issac about myself, saying it was Fate that had showed us to each other for a reason.

Shaking the nudging thought to the back of my mind, I stood up. Grabbing my leftovers in silence, since everyone had left already.

I had to admit, I was uneasy being in this home with just Marcus down the hall and no one else. I decided to get fresh air even though I pretty much told everyone I was going to rest. After washing my plate in the sink, I left through a hallway I had not been through, hoping to find a way to the back.