The Clear Choice

The Clear Choice

Clary's POV

Standing. Staring. The invisible line in front of me separating me from my childhood pack and them. What could happen to me if I crossed this line almost made me want to put my tail inbetween my legs. Almost. This was my choice, and my whole packs.

Choose someone who they wouldn't be intimidated by, a wolf that could sneak under their noses and find out what we needed to know.

If I waited until I was ready to do this, I would be waiting forever.

My pack was the most well known pack across North America, for one reason only. Our blood hasn't been mixed with the humans, not once all these years. Because of our strong bloodline each wolf in our pack has a snow white, slivery coat, no patch of any color.

In the history of the Purum Pack, we have done some things that are looked down upon by other packs. We have ripped human mates away from their pureblooded partners and had many wars with packs.

My father, Alpha Kane, is a loyal strong man. Everyone who takes over needs to understand and keep the bloodline going.

My brother Zak is next inline and has yet to find his Mate, for his sake I'm hoping she isn't human.

I too have yet to find my Mate. My father has had me meet almost all of the shifted males in my pack, but none are him. My Mate, the one wolf that completes me and makes me question everything I've been brought up by. My father says its just someone to help keep the bloodline alive.

But me being who am and losing so much for the sake of being 'pure', hope that this Mate can save me. Save me from what the future holds for me, an arranged marriage.

When I heard that is what my parents were planning for me I wanted to scream out and find a way to show them I cant just be sold off to another male. My blood began to boil when I found out it was one of my packs ruthless, coldest men; Elijah Willis.

This is why I'm here. At this line that keeps me safe, the one line that makes every wolf turn around and head home. But not me. To show my parents that I'm no longer the little curly brown haired, innocent blue-eyed girl they had, I'm being a spy.

Most said it wouldn't work and that I am to be killed, that the Saltus Pack was not a merciful pack and would find out my true identity right away.

But yet here I am, looking down at the beautiful silky white fur that covers my paws. The sun was setting reflecting orange and purples across the sky. The forest was quiet just how I loved it when I needed time I think. But now was not the time to think.

It was time to run.

You made it this far! Thank you so much!

The photo to the right is of Clary the main character

Vote and comment if you want and leave some feedback if you can, I want to know if I should continue.. --Carolyn