New Problem, Part 3

Don't bother Trinity. He says her name in slight disgust. I'm not going to conform to normality just because you want to. I'll do so if or when I need to. I'm not in a talkative mood either.

Ephyra tries reopening the link but it was shut down and she couldn't reach her clone counterpart.

He was no longer looking at her and seemed to be focusing on their teammates.

She understood the feelings she'd felt in her heart and stomach that she'd mistaken for nauseating symptoms; she was just hurt. She should have known that he would have felt strongly.

She rose from her seat and ignored the calls from her teammates and went for the zeta-beams only for Kaldur to catch up to her.

"What has occurred that's troubled you?"

She swiped at the corner of her eye with a hand, as salty liquid threatened to escape. "None of your business Kaldur."

She typed in the coordinates for Star City before changing them to Gotham City. "I'm really not in the mood right now for one of your guidance councils."

"I take it that you and Superboy were sharing a mental conversation about your new name."

It wasn't a question and he sounded so sure of himself that that was what was troubling her, so she didn't know why it still caused her to whip around staring at him surprised.

"I know because I was paying attention while the others were enjoying themselves. Neither of you participated and were locked in what seemed to be an...unpleasant staring contest. I knew about the mental link because you both established it being an invasion of privacy when Miss Martian intruded in your heads. The name scenario I assume was from how Superboy looked angry at your announcement, and you looked guilty, which rarely happens."

She just watched him before giving a defeated laugh. "I don't know Kaldur. Everything seemed perfect and now he's upset over a name issue, and he blocked me out of our link. I don't even know what to do. He won't listen and he's hurt."

"He's hurt because he's confused. It's natural for both of you to be. You've both only been in this world - the real world - for a matter of a few weeks. I'm surprised you both haven't been more depressed. You've been out and about and have already made a civilian friend. Superboy is just as curious as you, though a bit more quiet, but seems to fit in with us just fine."

"If that's the case, then why doesn't he understand," she practically wails.

His eyes soften. "He has it a bit more challenging than you do. For one, his world is a bit lonelier most likely. He only has one donor who doesn't accept him, while he's fighting to remain calm and happy for you. He's envious of your easy relationship with both your donors, not to mention two other people who popped up in your life; one who exposed you to a small slice of human life and another who you knew for a short-time and agreed to serve as your parental guardian. Superboy is left with us, the cave, and M'Gann."

Ephyra glances down before back up at the team leader. "Will he forgive me?"

Kaldur looks thoughtfully for a moment. "There's nothing to forgive. You're both still learning and what he's most likely feeling is envy, frustration, and pain, rather than anger and coldness." He walks forward and rests a hand on her shoulder to convey comfort. "It will pass, don't worry. For now, just be there for him until he is ready to talk."

Ephyra sighs before meeting Kaldur's eyes. "It seems you know him better than I do."

He shakes his head. "I suppose it could be said I know him in a 'cheated' way."

Ephyra's frown prompted him to continue. "While you were at movie night with your friend - Superboy told us that - M'Gann invited us all to come go camping with her and Wally. We revealed a few things about ourselves there and Superboy revealed things he felt as well. Everything I've said being one of them."

Ephyra let out a breath and just gave a solemn nod. "Alright, I'll give him some space, but I won't push him away. Thanks Kaldur."

He gave her a little smile removing his hand, "Anytime Trinity."

She returns his smile, before stepping into the zeta beam and glancing over her shoulder as it activated, where he waited for her to depart.

"Recognized: Ephyra B05."

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for this chapter being so short. The next one will be much longer, I promise.

Feel free to comment and tell me what you think.

The next chapter will also be back in present-time - these past couple of chapters have been a flashback.

Sorry about that; Wattpad doesn't have the symbols I need to make comprehensible skips within the same chapter. It would get confusing, and I don't want you guys getting lost.

Until next time! ^_^