WildCat

STAR CITY

July 17, 23:16 PDT

Ephyra blocked a kick before gripping Ted's ankle and twisting, sending the man spinning before hitting the ground, his hands planted on the ground to stop his face from hitting the mat. He chuckles, "Good." Before she can react he points his two and kicks out with his knee jabbing the inside of her knee causing her to jerk a bit, allowing him to kick up quick as lightening on her hip and then her side and she stumbled back losing her grip on his ankle. He hopped back up to his feet hands raised to guard his face in the manner of a boxer; a grin on his lips as sweat covered his body and stained his shirt around the neck, armpits, and back. "Just remember to finish the twist and ready for your opponent to retaliate."

The girl smirks raising her hands as well, "Noted." She fakes a kick to his side which he blocks and just barely catches her punch that's sent towards his shoulder. Her hand slips through quickly and jabs his stomach with her knuckles, while her other hands blocks a punch. She kicks his shin hard and manages to bring her knee hip, aiming for his grin but readjusting so she only caught his hip, which resulted in a gasp. Her hands grabbed the back of his neck and she brought her knee up to make contact with his stomach twice before he blocked it and lunged forward landing down on her and knocking the air from her only to have her retract one arm and jerk it back so her elbow slammed into the side of his head.

Ted jerked back with a grunt and rolled to the side of her before resting on his knees a hand to his head as he hissed softly. "Damn, nice shot," he rubs his head, "Definitely gets someone to move off of you." He mutters.

Ephyra coughs a bit struggling to regain her breath thought a grin was clear on her face. "Exactly why I used it," she said triumphantly.

He chuckles a bit before rising to his feet and holding out a hand to pull her up which she accepts, "Don't you do anything but train," he asks before quickly adding, "Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to have someone to spar with when Dinah isn't here. You'll both keep me in shape that I'll go to the grave looking twenty."

Ephyra laughs, "Happy to oblige and uh, make that thirty." She walks over to the bench grabbing her towel to wipe her face, "No offense, but the beard adds ten years."

He just scowls and feigns a look of hurt, "Mean as a snake."

She gives him an innocent look before kissing his cheek, "Nope, I just keep others in reality."

He just shakes his head with a smile before taking a swig of water and swallows. "Mhm that's refreshing to hear."

Ted's partner who shared maintenance and ownership of the gym walked past the ring, where two men were boxing. He smiled, "What's up kid? Kicking Ted's ass again," he asks with a grin as he sets down a paper bag as well as a carrier with two drinks. He raises a foot to rest it on the bench.

"In her dreams," Ted interrupts before she can speak and she gives him a look, "Hey I'm just..." he pauses before smirking at her smugly, "...Keeping it in reality."

Ephyra sticks out her tongue at him and he just gives a shrug, while she turns to the bags with the "Big Belly Burger" written on the side. She hums softly in longing as she opens the bag. "Thanks Greggy," she says as she opens the bag. "You're a life saver." Greg smiled as she reached in and opened her wrapper to get to the burger. She took a bite and hummed softly at the taste.

Ted eyes her for a while and then rolls his eyes before walking over and taking out his burger and fries. "You know, eating fast food after a workout isn't the healthiest option," he says eyeing Gregory and taking a bite of his burger; a look of contentment easing onto his face.

"Oh please," Gregory snorts. "I don't see you complaining much now that you've had your bite - so hypocritical." He says with an exasperated sigh.

Ephyra was in the middle of holding her burger in one hand as she sat on the ground, back to the bench, while her other hand held the her drink as she drank from the straw. Hearing their words, she raised a finger and pointed it at Ted smugly. "Mm! Mhm!"

He narrows his eyes at her, "Shut up and eat your food." He takes another bite of his and ignores Gregory snickering.

Half way through their food, Ted was arguing with Gregory over him taking a fry and Ephyra's phone buzzed.

Ted glanced over as he smacked Greg's hand when he tried to grab a fry. "Friends again," he asks.

Ephyra was busy looking at her phone texting as she responded, "No, this is a new one. I met him when back in Central City - Dinah took me to Jitters. He's a stand-up guy and seems like the type of person I can hang around without wanting to pound my head in."

Ted eyes her in silence and she glances up to find Greg doing the same. "What?" The silence continues. "What?"

"He," Ted echoes with narrowed eyes.

Greg was grinning and Ephyra finally had something click and groan. "Come on Teddy, you're not even my parent or legal guardian."

"True, but I look out for you when you're with me. So any boy around you is warranted some concern."

"We're just friends," she says receiving another text and reading it. She turns it off and then finishes the rest of her fries and drinks the rest of her beverage. "Thanks for the meal Greggy," she looks to Ted, "Always a pleasure to spar Teddy."

"Eph-"

"Ted don't worry; he's not even into my gender. Now, I have to go, the last text was from my other friends and I have to go. We have a new girl in our little group and apparently I'm expected to be there, etc." She grabbed her duffle back and packed up her towel and water bottle. She kissed Ted's cheek and then Greg's before giving a wave as she went out the door. "Bye guys," she calls over her shoulder.

Ted frowns, "Not into her gender...?"

Greg sighs at his confusion, "She's a girl." He says simply and breaks it down, "Everyone is into something, so if he's not into girls, then..." he waits prompting the man to fill it in.

Ted pauses as he drinks his soda before coughing as he inhales realizing what he meant. Gregory just smiled and patted his back. "There ya go - you got it."