Chapter Fourteen

Brielle's POV

  To say I was nervous was a huge understatement. 

   I was walking, thinking of ways I could tell George about the dinner that was supposed to happen tonight. Would he be mad at me since my family knows about us? Since it happened so soon?

  I hope not. I really don't know what I would do if he ever did get mad at me.
   I took a few minutes to come up with any othe ways that I could use to tell him but I couldn't think of any. I guess the best waybis to just come out with it.

  I felt a presence beside me. Panicked, I snapped my head forward and noticed it was just George, who was fallung instep with me easily.

  I also noticed his expression.  Which was a mixture between nervousness and  fear.

  Uh oh. Thats never a good sign. 

   What happened? Was everything okay? Did I do something wrong? Did he want to break up with me? But we just started dating yesterday!  I don't want to break u up!

   I was nearly in tears when George glanced at me. "Are you okay, baby?" he sounded so concerned, so genuine. 
  "Are you going to break up with me?" I blurted out, unable to keep quiet any longer.

   George looked shocked as hell. "No! Why on Earth would I do that?"

  'Because I'm not pretty or skinny enough for you.' I thought.

  But instead of saying that, I simply shrugged and ran the back of my hand across my cheek bones to catch a stray tear.

  "I don't know. You just looked scared and nervous," I mumbled, refusing to meet his worried brown eyes.

  He shook his head. "No, I just got you and there is no way in hell I would let someone as perfect as you slip through my fingers."

   I blushed and looked down, guilty. "I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions," I murmured. 

  George chuckled and peckedy cheek. "That's alright, love. All is forgiven."

  I smiled. Why did I get such a caring boyfriend?

   He spoke again. "Now, you wanna tell me why you looked scared and nervous too?" He raised an eyebrow.

   I gulped and nodded slowly. "Okay but you have to promise you won't get mad and you will listen completely with no interruptions. Got it?"

  He nodded but looked a little pale. "You didn't cheat didn you?"

  I choked on my spit. "Is that how you think of me?" I wasn't mad, more hurt than anything. 

  George's eyes widened as he thought about what he said. "No! Of course not! It's just I wanted to make sure you didn't find anyone better," he admitted quietly. 

   "Do you honestly think I'd find anyone better?" I was astonished.  George thought that I'd find anyone better than him.

   He nodded.

  "George Shelly, you listen to me." I ordered, voice stern, but not mean. "There is no one better than you. You are perfect in every way. You personality,  your looks, your smarts. Everything."

   George's face held many emotions. Surprise, hope, adoration, but most of all love.

  "You really mean that? Like, you're not just saying that?" He whispered. 

   "I wouldn't tell you that if it weren't true," I whsipered.

  A huge smile spread across his facw and he suddenly leaned forward and captured my lips in a soft kiss. Although it was soft, it had passion. It was as if we were promising we would always have eachother, that we would always be there for one another. Couple or not.