Chapter 7 Rejected

I returned home late and cleaned up before mom could tell me to. This was how my life would be; I sighed and made my way upstairs as Maya entered the front door. She ran to me but I practically raced up the stairs and shut my room door. She left me after that and I was grateful. My hands shook holding onto my bag as I opened it and dropped the contents on my bed. Everything was there. I pulled out my math book and hugged it to my chest. Thank heavens I had got it back or else. My home work was done before it reached 9 pm and then I lay there just thinking. How did Luc get my bag, I had ran away from them but only if he had followed me would he get it. The large grey black wolf came to my mind and I tried to shake it away. His hazel eyes bore through me.

                I awoke in the middle of the night with sweat pouring off my body. I got out of bed and just stared around me, a warm sensation clawed at my chest and I knew it was my wolf. She wanted to be free for all the days I had kept her in. My feet led me down the steps before I could stop myself and through the backdoor. Yes my wolf was there but something else, something I could not place. I shifted and inhaled. Another wolf was here, a greater one. I huddled and then looked around. I could not see it but his scent was strong, it emanated waves of power. A low growl burst from my throat before I took off for the trees. I could hear his paws hitting the ground beside me and knew that he was after me. Why did I let my wolf loose? On I ran until I reached the pool from before. Somewhere along the way his paws disappeared. I stared at myself in the water and then yelped as the grey black wolf loomed up behind me. I scuttled back and tried to run but he pushed me against the ground.

                My eyes widened and a cold hand of fear clutched my throat. I gazed at the domineering eyes that stared back at me. He towered above me staring back. I closed my eyes and waited for him to hurt me but it never came. His hold on my body receded and I opened my eyes to see that he was gone. My feet scrambled up and I looked around before my eyes landed on an almost naked figure huddled in the bushes. I turned as he came out zipping up his pants. “No!” I thought. My mind was on overdrive. “Don’t run!” he commanded and I felt as if my feet could not move. What was he doing to me? He came forward and I could only stare back at him. My eyes roved over his clear-cut abs and made its way towards his face. His matted black hair lay against his forehead framing his hazel eyes; his cheek bones were high and enhanced the smile that was slowly creeping across his face. I looked away.

                “I’m sorry,” was all he said. My eyes came to his. Why was he saying sorry to me? He came closer and bent down, his hand slightly tousling my fur. My paws were frozen but my mind wanted them to move. “You can’t go until I command you, that’s why I came for you when you were in your wolf form, your human always seem to escape me but as soon to be alpha your wolf must submit. I shook my head and he continued. “I’m sorry for everything that’s happened to you but I can’t help it,” he said. My eyes widened. “I know you have felt it just as I have the first day we met in the changing rooms, I thought you were your sister because you looked like her but now I see that I was wrong, that day she hit you everything became clear to me.” “You see something happened to me when she hit you and when I saw your blood my body couldn’t help it, I shifted and came after you but you ran away.” I shook my head. “Why was he telling me this,” I thought. “Tabitha we’re mates.”  My paws beat uselessly against the ground as he said those words.  “He couldn’t be, he was popular I was not, he was captain of the football team I was the father killer.

                “Please try to understand,” He said. “I’m shocked really shocked I refused to believe at first that it was you but every time you were around your sister was too and I made myself believe that it was her scent not yours but I was wrong,” he said. I was considering shifting, he did say that he could not control me while I was human right but then he would see me. I sighed in my mind. “Tabitha…I…I…I can’t be your mate,” he bit out. I closed my eyes. “I can’t be your mate but I want to make a deal with you,” he went on, “I’ll protect you make everyone gain some respect for you and in return you’ll reject me so we can both go on with our lives,” he said. “Will you do it Tabitha?” he asked. My wolf was crying inside me. I hung my head silently and whimpered. “I Lucas Servile reject you Tabitha Seales as my mate,” his words rang through the night.