Chapter 5 Hurt

When I awoke the next morning I had a bath and then changed into my oldest pair of jeans and my hoodie. No matter what, I was going to stay as far as possible from Maya. I got to school early and sat down.  The morning was usual but around lunch time something was definitely up. Maya kept looking at me as if she wanted to kill me. I walked out the gates when school was over and started my walk home, nothing strange there until a car pulled up. I continued walking until the car stopped and someone got out. A hand grabbed mines and I was pushed to the car. I cried out in vain as I was spun around. “You little bitch!” Maya cried out. My eyes widened and her nails dug into my hand. “You let him in last night didn’t you!” she cried. I stared at her speechless before shaking my head. “He told me, everything I’m going to kill you!” she screamed and shoved me back. I gasped as the car hit my back and tried to move aside.

                There was laughter from inside the car. I stood there too shocked to do anything. Maya drew her hand into a fist. A car stopped beside us and I recognized it from the day I saw them walking home from work. Luc got out and came towards her wrapping his arm around her. “What are you doing?” he asked. “Leave me alone, she’s the bitch that did all this it was her room not mine’s,” Maya said. His eyes became trained on me and his eyebrows furrowed. “I didn’t know,” he said. I closed my eyes. “You’re sick!” he bit out. The silent tears fell down my face as I stood there, inside my wolf was howling in a pain I did not know of. “You’re a sick, freak, you you Father Killer!” he cried. Maya pulled me away from the car and before I knew it I crashed into him. He pushed me away and I stumbled back.

                My feet moved leading me away from them. “No you don’t,” Maya cried. Her hands gripped my wrist and a pain shot up my head as something struck it. I stood there dazed before a warm liquid seeped down the side. The laughter stopped and a growl pierced the air. I stumbled back pulling my hoodie tighter around me and ran, ran away from them. On they pumped, faster, faster until I reached the safety of the trees. I dropped my bag and waited as the fur bristled and flowed over my arms and legs encasing me in a second skin. My head dropped to the ground. It was still paining me but if I ran everything would all go away. I ran past the trees and a howl escaped my throat. It was my wolf, letting out her sadness, the pain that we felt together.

                Still on we went rushing through the trees until water splashed beneath our feet. I stared at my reflection. My light brown fur was tinged with blood near my right eye and it was seeping into the water. I yelped. This world had no place for me, even when I tried all my actions came back to haunt me. A low growl escaped my throat when I sensed the wolf. He was a large grey black wolf that stood near to the tree beside me. I growled and before he could come any closer I was running, running away from him. The trees swarm before my eyes as I headed the only way that would protect me, my room. I ran on until I reached the back door and shifted before running to my room. When I stared at my reflection I could only sigh. Whatever Maya had done it had left a deep cut on my forehead above my right eye. I tore out a piece of one of my shirts and washed the cut before tying the cloth around it. I locked my door that night the only night I ever did and then flopped on my bed. My forehead was still stinging as the tears came.