Chapter 7

I look for Tom in the hallways of school. I feel awkward and nervous, at the same time. There are so many possibilities of what he'll say to me. 

 And then I see Tom, surrounded by a mob of his admirers. What can he do without me? Obviously, he could've been a better person, with tons of friends. But he chose to stay with me. Why is that so?

 "Ave!" he shouts. Oh, the spine-tingling feeling when he says my name. "Tom!" I shout back. "Help meee!" he shouts, and I think all the girls around him got offended by what he just said. I panic, and I start getting my bag off of me, and fail to do so. I don't know why, but when Tom needs my help, or needs ME, I start having tantrums like a mother has. Does he think of me as a sister? I run to where he is, squeezing through the crowd of overly obsessed girls, who envy me in every way possible. Finally, I reach him, grabbing his hand and again, squeeze through the crowd. My head hurts, and I feel nausea  swallowing me whole.

 I wake up in a room with white tiles as a ceiling. The school clinic. Why am I here?

 And then I wake from my trance, then I see Tom smiling at me. His face is a few inches from mine, and I blush. I suddenly get a hold of the pillow I was lying down on, and throw it at him. "Woah, woah woah, what'd I do to you that made you do that?" he asks as he laughs. "Why're you here? Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask. "Well, for one, I carried you to here, and second, I didn't want to leave you alone.  You did tell me that friends don't leave each other alone in their times of trouble, remember?" he says. And I do, I do remember. It was a rainy day, and Tom went to school without an umbrella. He ran in the rain, and when he reached me, he was drenching in rain water. His clothes and hair were so wet, and when he looked at me, it made me blush. He looked so cute. "Hey." he said gloomily. Why'd you run in the rain? Don't you parents drive you to school?" I asked as I played with my bag. "They were too busy..." he said, then he fell to my arms. At first, I didn't know what to do. Then I decided to carry him on my back, and go to the clinic. When he woke up, he asked why I was there, and i told him the exact same statement Tom just said.

 "Ave, Aaaaaave, hey" he says as he snaps his fingers in front of my face. "Oh, hey." I say. "What is up with you today?" he asks curiously. Almost too curious. "I don't know. Something's been bothering me for a while." I simply say, instead of saying that it's my feelings that has been bothering me, because I like him. I'm attracted to him. But I don't love him, I'm sure of that. It's just a crush, so no biggie. "I can tell. I've been wanting to ask you if something is bothering you. Fine. What do you want me to do to make you feel better?" he asks. This is it. It's a chance to ask him if he wants to go on a group study. Okay. This is it. "Um, do you want to go on a study date- erm, a group study?" I ask, and follow something up quickly. "The exams are coming, so..." I say. "I'd love to! And plus, you're really smart, Ave. I COULD use some tutoring." he says, even though he's already smart. "Awesome." I tell him. The bell rings, signaling that it's time for lunch. "Come on, Ave. Let's have lunch." he says as he smiles.