Ch.12 The Chase

"Munakata!! The Fourth King." Kuroh harshly said as he had his hand on his sword.

"This is last time I ask Ms. Kasamura..."

I viciously stared at him while clinching my teeth together.

"Are you working with the Colorless King?" Munakata calmly asked.

There was a bit of silence before I'd answer. "Tell me exactly what might be so dangerous about the Colorless King."

Munakata grinned, "So I'll take that as a yes."

"We should get going." Kasumi said tugging on my sleeve. I kept looking in the direction of Scepter 4.

"My lady, Izumi!" Yasumoto tried to get my attention.

"Yasumoto...Kasumi...listen up." I said with a calming voice.

"Ma'am." They say in unison.

"Take Isana and Neko away from here. Somewhere you wouldn't be able to be detected." I ordered.

Kuroh turned his attention to me. "Are you crazy? You're going with them, I'll hold them off."

"Not gonna happen." I harshly said. "You always wanna go and do stuff on your own. So it's not gonna happen today. I'm standing beside you." I got into a fighting stance. "This time I'm going to protect you!"

Kuroh had a surprised look on his face and then it turned into a satisfying smile. He did the opposite side of the stance I was doing.

"Alright then, shall we?"

Munakata started smiling, "Such beautiful innocence." Then he stopped grinning, "As the king of Scepter 4 I, Reisi Munakata, hereby order you to arrest the Colorless King, the Black Dog, and the Purple Queen."

Kasumi turned to Yasumoto as he turned into a white wolf. Everybody climbed aboard and tried to leave. Kuroh and I were trying to stop Scepter 4 members from reaching the rest. Kuroh used his powers to reach some of the troops that got passed us. I punched my fist into my hand and then punched all of the troops that were trying to reach Kasumi and them. I dashed for their leader in attempts to take him down. Big Mistake!!!! He grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me into the artificial grass. Kuroh was too busy with the other members. Munakata lifted me from the ground and in the air. I was holding his arm.

"Dammit!" I say through my teeth.

"Lieutenant, go after them." Munakata ordered.

"Sir!!" She said as she jumped from building to building.

"No!!" I said as I gained strength to kick Munakata away. Once he let go, I went after the lieutenant to stop her.

Kuroh was handling things on his own, he clearly didn't need my help. So I too jumped from building to building to catch up with her. Munakata was getting a bit irritated and frustrated with how slow the progression was going in apprehending the "criminals". Meanwhile Kasumi and the others stopped in an empty building.

"We have to go back for them." Yashiro implied.

"Queen's orders. We gotta keep you guys safe." Kasumi said with one finger in the air. "Now I suggest you guys go...Yasumoto!"

"Uh! Me?!" Yasumoto asked as Kasumi gestured for him to turn into a wolf. "Why can't they catch a ride on your back??? You're much faster!!!" He growls with his fang showing on the side of his mouth.

"No time!!" Kasumi said as she ran to their next destination. Yasumoto looks back as he sees Lieutenant Awashima approaching.

"Dammit Kasumi!!!" He said as turned into his white wolf form and got Shiro on in time to get away. Luckily Neko turned into her strain and was in Shiro's arms. Awashima took her sword from her sheath and almost slashed Shiro.

I made it in time to stop her from doing so by kicking her as she dodges. She backed away a little to examine her surroundings. I stood there as she held her sword in her stance. We both gave each other deadly stares and was silent for a moment.

Awashima broke the silence. "You won't succeed, you might as well turn yourself over to us. It'll make my job easier."

"Cut the bullshit! You and I both know I won't give myself to you so easily." I frowned.

"Typical rebellious teenager." She said as she charged without a sound.

I was about to block until I felt someone pick me up as we both crashed through the window. Awashima forced herself to stop as she put a huge dent in the abondon building's wall.

Her straight face suddenly turned into a ferocious frown. "Dammit!!"

I looked up to see my savior....it was the Third King himself, Mikoto Suoh.