Ch. 6 The Festival and Illness

My eyes immediately opened once the cleaning bot started vacuuming. It was very annoying and it made my headache even worse.

I threw my pillow at it. "Will you STOP IT!!" I shouted.

It looked at me and said, "Show some respect." And nonchalantly kept cleaning.

I covered myself with my blanket. "Piece of junk." I tried going back to sleep but my phone kept vibrating.

"Hello?" I said with a slight annoyed tone.

"Hey Izumi, it's Shiro." He was walking with Kuroh.

"Yes?" I obviously knew who it was by caller ID.

"Aren't you going to come and help finish with Kuroh and me?"

"Finish what?" The cleaning bot got closer to me which made the vacuum louder. "SHUT UUUP!!" I kicked it over.

"Show some respect!" It kept saying.

"The stands for the festival tonight." He was caring bags of masks.

"Look, Shiro I'd really like to help but I'm...ACHOO!" I held the phone away from face.

"Hey Izumi? You're not getting sick are you?" He made Kuroh look in his direction.

"I'm fine, I'll be at the school to help, okay?"

"Well okay if you're not sick. But if you are just stay home for today."

"I'm fine. I'm on my way now." I hung up and got out of bed. I drug myself to take a steamy shower and brush my teeth.

I lift the cleaning bot off the floor and let it continue cleaning. I put a medical mask over my nose and mouth to protect others from getting the cold. I made it to the school where I was greeted by Kukuri.

"There you are! I've been looking all over the place for you. Did you bring...Izumi are you sick?"

"No I'm not sick, I'm just taking precautionary measures. You know this is the season where the common cold appears. I happen to not want to be caught in its web."

"Um, okay...Well did you get what I asked?"

My eyes widened, "And what would that be?" I slowly turned around.

"It's on your PDA, I wanted paint brushes for face painting." She held her student PDA to me.

I quickly turned around and looked at my PDA.

Crap! She did ask me to get that. But my PDA was on silent the whole time.

"I gravely apologize, I will go get that for you know." I tried leaving but I was stopped by the president of the student council.

"Miss Kasamura!"

"Whaaat?" I looked at the sky in aggravation.

"I hope that you'll be attending the festival tonight. Am I correct?" She said asked.

"Sure, Chiho, I would love to go." I said sarcastically.

"Good and I'm thinking you're gonna bring a date?" Chiho asked.

I continued walking, "That would be none of your business if I were to or not."

"Kukuri!! We're back." Shiro and Kuroh came to Kukuri with bags of things for tonight's festival.

"Aww thanks so much guys."

"By the way, have you seem Izumi by any chance she said that she'd meet us here." Shiro asked a little concerned.