SIX

Chapter Six:

Dean's eyes snapped open looking at Kya, who's own eyes were half-lidded. "Hey? Kid, you o—" Kya slid off the bed, falling head first on the floor, but luckily, Dean caught her shoulders.

"Whoa, whoa, easy there," he said, skating the girl a little. "You good, sweetheart?"

"I–I... Y–Yes, sorry, I–I have not uhm, us–used th–that in qu–quite a–a long t–t–time," she replied, rubbing her eyes. "S–Sorry, ar–are you o–o–okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Dean frowned, and her eyes widened.

"N–No! It is, uh, n–nothing l–l–like that, I–I just th–thou—" Dean raised his hand, silencing the girl.

"It's cool," he assured. "Don't worry about it kiddo. I'm gonna go downstairs and get some food, you want some."

"Ah, n–no thank you, I a–am fine," Dean nodded, about to leave when suddenly, he stopped.

"Oh, right. We have a friend coming over soon," he said.

Kya gave him a small grown, "W–Will I have to s–stay in my r–room?"

He gave a small thinking face, "Nah. I'm pretty sure she'll be cool with seeing your wings. You'll be fine."

0/0/0/0

"Holy mother of gamers..." The red-headed woman said in barely a whisper. "How... What..." She couldn't even get full words out.

Kya stood there, looking at her feet, a look of embarrassment covering her face. "S–Sorry..." She murmured, not knowing how else to react to the strange red-head woman.

"'Sorry'? How are you sorry!? This is... This is amazing! Oh my god, how do they work?! Can you fly? How did this happen? Are they real? Oh! And you're too heavy, or at least you should be, how in the world can you—"

"Charlie, don't scare her," Dean sighed. The girl seemed to get smaller with each question, looking even more timid than she usually did.

"A–Ah, well, I–I move them t–that is ho–how they wo–work. A–And, y–y–yes, I ca–can fl—fly. U—Uh, y—y—yes, they are ve—very mu—much re—real. Uh... Uh, my—my bo—bones are h—ho—hollow an—and li—light-wei—weight, b—but ver—very stro—strong... Is—is that a–all?" Kya answered, listing the questions off on her fingers, her stutter breaking up her words.

"How'd you remember all that?" Charlie asked curiously.

"P–Photographic me–memory," she replied. "I... I ca–can see th–thing or he–hear thing and I–I copy the–them."

"Wait, really?" Sam asked, this being new to him. Well, it was new to the both of the brothers, really. "Anything else you wanna tell us?"

"A–Ah, well, I... Am no–not a go–good sparring par–partner," she muttered, making the trio laugh. She puffed out her cheeks, "I–I am se–serious! It is n–no fun to so–spar against so–someone wh–who knows your eve–every move!"

"Whatever you said, kiddo," Sam chuckled, ruffling her hair. "Wanna go check out that computer now?"

"Sure," Charlie grinned, taking her laptop and supplies with her.

0/0/0/0

"Sweet Ada Lovelace," Charlie awed, staring at the massive computer. "This thing belongs in a museum. I mean, it's got encryption software. It seems to be powered by something magical."