Chapter 14: Powers

Renesmee's P.O.V

It was Demenber now.

And of course Alice had already done all the shopping and bought new decorations and a whole new wardrobe for everyone to last until next year- or in Alices case probably a few days.

We were putting up decorations. Life was slow moving these past fcouple of weeks. Ans i was still no closer to having the answer. 

But maybe today will change it. I got a feeling something was going to happen. I wasn't sure what it was though.

Today Alice declared we were all going to put the decorations up. And so Alice being Alice also bought us new outfits to decorate the house with. 

I wrapped tinsel around my bobble and secured my hair up with it. Making sure it matched the royal blue dress I was wearing. Surly dresses aren't the only thing I am able to wear right.

Alice and her key organisational skill assigned us with different areas to decorate. Emmett and Rose were going to decorate outside of the house. Mum and Dad the back of the house. Alice and Jasper all the bedrooms. Carlisle and Esme the Kitchin and Garage and then Me Jacob and Zake were t decorate the front room. Which would have been fun if it wasn't for the raging testosterone battle that was commensing right inder my nose. 

Seriously it was getting out of hand now. Jacob did all he could to be nice to me and let me have my way and if neccessary, let me be with Zake but he couldn't hide the fact that he didn't like him. You could see it in the way he glared at him. The way he treated him and the sly comments he said to him when he thought I couln't hear. 

Even Zake was starting to do the same now. And with all honesty I was getting sick of it. 

If they wont put a stop to it I will. 

I was sidetracked again. I looked around to see if any of them had noticed me not noticing them. They were both busy at each side of the room. I grapped a couple of bows from the box and tried to pin them against the ceiling. I tip toed- not like it was any good because I still couldn't reach properly.

Zake came then his eyes amused. "Need a hand?" He offered. I handed him a bow but instead he grabbed my waist and lifted me up. I laughed in spite of my self. 

CRASH!

I looked over to where Jacob was standing. Anger was fierce on all his features. He glared at Zake. But it wasn't like anyother glare before. His one was deadly. The feeling I had before crept right into the forefront of my mind. This was the feeling I had. The bad thing that was going to happen today.

Zake put me down then and curved his body in a defencive crouch. Jacob just stormed past grabbing hold of him and dragging him along as he walked.

"Jacob? What are you doing?" I called. By time I got outside the family was already there. Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle and dad and the front defending Alice, Rose, Esme and mum from Jacob and Zake. 

I couldn't see a thing where I was standing. So I gently manovered to the front and peered throught under the commotion of legs. Then I saw them Jacob in his wolf form and Zake at a solid stance opposite him. 

They were both preparing for battle. Surly this wasn't over me? It couldn't be. 

But just then I saw Jacob backing away. Relief washed through me and i began to take a step forward until dad stopped me. He concentrated on them not looking away from then. Listening to their thoughts he knew what was going on more than we did. And judging by the looks of things. The fight wasn't over.

At that thought I saw Jacob charging back through the forest. Full force towards the unexpecting Zake. 

My eye's widened with fear as I saw Jacob pounce into the air ready to clear Zakes throat out. 

I didn't think. I couldn't. I couldn't afford to get stopped again. So I charged through dad and Carlisle and ran into the clearing. I skidded to a halt just infront of Zake arms outstretched in a feeble attempt to protect him. 

I saw Jacobs reaction. He tried to stop himself. Something that isn't so easy to do in the air. 

I closed my eyes just waiting for the contact that could kill me. Or in the very least have me in the library recovering for the next year. 

But then a strange sound errupted my ears. It sound like something hitting glass. 

I opened my eyes wondering why it was taking so long. I looked at Jacob on the floor panting just behing a strange electrical charge. I was like a dome covering me and Zake. Sparks of purple bolts the only indication there was anything their at all. 

I looked as the bolts danced aroud and dissapeared just as others arrivied. Each one waltzing between eachother and connecting to make one lone chain. 

It looked like the dome that I had saw in the forest. When I felt threatened.

It couldn't be. 

Edward came up then and tapped the dome structure. Again the sound of glass bein tapped on resounded through the air. 

I gawked at the sight of it. 

"A sheild!" I heard Zake exclaim around me. 

I turned and looked at him, his eyes brilliant with excitement. 

I took this opportunity to look back at jacob. "You!" I shouted. He looked over at me guiltily "What do you think your playing at? You can't do that! Just because you don't like something or someone doesn't give you permission to kill them!" Anger raised in my voice and my heart tore apart to see him like that. "Please don't ever do that again!" I cried at him. 

I walked closer to him maintaing my shield. Jacob scraped across the floor the sheild pushing him away.  I stopped to agast and upset to do anything else. 

I looked at Zake then. "And don't think yuor any better than him!" I pointed my finger towards Jacob to was recovering from the hit he took just moments before. 

I reserved and my sheild pulled back into my skin. Watching the electric fade into nothing and pull into my skin. 

Zake stepped forward but I just stopped him before he even thought about it. I walked slowly into the house and into my room. If anyone needs me it better had be important because I wasn't leaving this room for a long time.