Chapter 8: Discovery

Zake’s P.O.V

Edward pulled away immediately and bent into a defensive crouch around Renesmee.

A small growl rumbled through his throat as Jasper came to flank beside him Emmett following shortly after.

I backed away defensively.

‘What have I done now?’ I asked a slight hint of hysteria layered in my voice.

I saw shock flash across their eyes but they quickly composed them self.

‘So she has a special ability, what’s the big idea?’

‘You know?’ Jasper asked.

‘Yes I know, I can sense them, as long as the person knows that they have an extra ability then I will know too.’

They just looked at me unmoving.

‘For example,’ I continued bravely, ‘Edward, I know you can read thoughts, so you must hear the truth in my head. Jasper you can sense emotions so you must sense the truth in my words and feelings. I know that Alice can see into the future sometimes, so she must be able to see that I’m not going to hurt or deceive any of you.’

They composed them selves shortly after.

‘Sensing other people’s powers is my ability. As long as they know they have that power then I will know too.’ I explained slowly carefully picking my words so they would understand without much further questioning.

‘He’s not lying.’ Jasper said simply.

Esme came in then and grabbed my hand.

‘Well isn’t that wonderful!’ She smiled around to everyone who returned the smile back to her. She was a hard person to dislike. 

We sat down shortly after Edward put Renesmee to bed.

‘I didn’t know Vampires slept...’ I said aimlessly

They all gave me a stare that sent shivers through my spine.

‘She not a vampire’ Edward said too defensively to ever be believed.

‘Sure she is. She has the eerie beauty to her. Her smell as well and the way she moves is way too graceful to be a human. Do you really expect me to believe that a human girl could fend off a new bourn vampire?’ I questioned them. Man, I must have a death wish with the way I was going. I mean I have only just met these and I was already questioning something they obviously didn’t want to share with me. Since they were going to let me live or kill me either way I might as well keep talking...

‘But then I wonder she also looks exactly like a mix between you and Bella? Is it?’ Edward nodded simply as I continued. ‘And her heart beats releasing that human smell to her. Which leaves me questioning what exactly is she?’

Absolute silence. I saw Edward debating in his eyes; he was reading my thoughts to see what conclusions I had come up with myself. Which was none.

‘Haven’t you already guessed?’ He said. ‘She is mine and Bella’s daughter, not creator. Daughter.’

He watched my reaction carefully as I tried to understand what he had said.

‘Biological?’

His nod answered my question. I looked around to Bella. I could easily imagine her with Renesmee’s eyes. But I still didn’t understand how she was biological. Vampires can’t get pregnant... But human’s can.

Edward curled into his crouch again as he saw the answer flash across my head.

‘So... Bella has Renesmee when she was still human?’ I asked. Even Carlisle had become tense as he listened to what I was saying.

‘That’s- that’s... Remarkable!’

They all backed away shocked by my answer.

‘So she’s both? Wow, I’ve never even heard of something like this happening! Ever!’

They all looked at me and smiled- only a small smile of relief but it was enough for them to trust me again.

We all sat down then and began talking about the story of how she was born. From Edward first smelling Bella as a human to their marriage and so on until Renesmee was in the world and what has happened since then.

We talked all the way up until morning.

The only indication that it was morning was the fact that Renesmee stirring restlessly upstairs.

She eventually decided to get up, have a shower. While she was in the shower Esme and Rose began making her breakfast. Then she Dressed and make her way back down stairs to greet us.