Chapter 11: Too many events

I got up quickly and ran straight to the door where Jacob had just left.

I saw his broad silhouette storming off near the trees.

"Jacob?" I called to myself. Well it might as well have been to myself because the only answer I got back was one of a bird tweeting 

So I decided to run too him. I pushed my legs forward towards him. While my family looked back from a distance. I grabbed Jacob's arm and pulled him back to face me.

"Where are you going?" I asked almost shyly. 

I looked at him as detest and another emotion wavered across his face. The answer was clear then. Away from here. 

"OK, but why are you going Jake, I don't want you to leave" 

"Well it already looks like you've made that choice for me" He said bluntly, a harsh reality forced in his words. 

"What do you mean?" I already knew but I had to make sure.

"What do you think i meant. You and him" He spat looking over to the family- Zake more precise. He venomous tone was clearly identifiable when mentioned him. In his tone and in the glar of his eyes. 

"Does that bother you?" I asked him shocked

"Of course it botherers me!" He shouted about to turn back. I grabbed his elbow and pulled him back to me. 

"But Jake, you do understand that were not together right?" Which was true. I mean sure I loved him but we never held hands like a couple, hugged each other so close we were almost one like a couple we never even kissed like I had just with Zake- like a couple. My relationship with Jacob was more like a close brother and sister relationship than anything else. I never thought he would think we were together together.

I looked as thousands of different emotions conveyed across his face. Hurt. Rejection. Love. More hurt. Agry. Rage. Love again. And so on. 

"I love you Jacob." I told him straight. "But I'm not entirely sure that I love you like that." I waited and waited for his respose until i become inpatient. "Well aren't you going to answer me?" 

"Your not sure? So I might still have a chance?"

"Well in that sense yes but Jacob-"

"Then i wont stop fighting until I have you." I simply stated before walking off.

"Where are you going?" I called to him. He craned his nack back at me with a small smile. Only small. 

"I'll be back. I just need to think things through" He said before breaking into a run and becoming part of the dark forest.

I stood there for a while after that. I wasn't sure how long but the day changed, but not quiet to night. And a few stars began to form magestically above the world.

I heard footsteps coming behind me. Jasper. 

"It's getting late. I know your upset and confused but it can wait until morning. I promise." 

As he said this I felt a tear stroll down my cheek and form a soft dew on a grass blade as it landed. 

How could I have done this to him? What kind of person am I? I love him, but I also love Zake I think. 

I felt a swarm of calm pulse gently through me as Jasper came closer. He turned around and held me in a soft comforting embrace as more Calm rippled through me.

"It's going to be Ok. I promise." He whispered into my ear. 

He pulled me along back to the house where the rest of the family where waiting expectently for me. Them and Zake. 

What was I going to do? 

When I got in they were all discussing what that event could have been in the forest. Was that today? It all seems so far away now.

Too much has happened today. I was cofused, lost and utterly heartbroken or torn more like. Torn is a much better analogy for it. Half was pulling toward Zake, my first kiss. My instant connection. Where as the other half was pulling towards Jacob the person who has always been there. The one I didn't realise loved me that way until it was too late.

I mechanically found an excuse to go to bed. Like a robot I shifted my feet up the stairs one step at a time. Made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then I got changed into a vest top and some girly boxers before I crawled under the covers and collapsed into a dreamless sleep.