Shattered Outlook

“No I am not going down to the station so you can meet me; I’m not here for the government!”

Ripple had been “talking” with the director for the past few hours. Shouting was probably a better word for it.

Tornado, Vulcan and Bolt sat slumped around the table in the next room.

“I want to watch TV” moaned Tornado.

“Why can’t you?” Bolt asked for the fifth time. They ran out of things to talk about half an hour ago so the two had ended up repeating themselves over and over.

“Because she’s in there and she’s too loud to hear the TV?” Vulcan asked.

“Yep,” Bolt and Tornado said in sync.

“What the hell! I am not doing that!” Ripple yelled from the next room.

Vulcan looked at each of his companions. They sighed then muttered in unison “that’s what she said,”

“Vulcan! Boss man wants a word with you,” Ripple said storming into the room. She handed the phone to him then walked off angrily.

“Thanks, you ok?” Vulcan called over. Even though he knew she wouldn’t have heard him at all.

“TV!” Tornado and Bolt shouted running back into the living room.

As soon as the receiver reached Vulcan’s ear the directors voice came booming over the phone “we have a situation here we need you to handle,”

“What is it?”

“Another raid on Sar city bank, the door was blown off it’s hinges but the assailant wasn’t armed and from accounts just raised his hands at the door,”

“Sounds just like Conduct to me. The vault door wasn’t much of a challenge for him,”

“And now he has a new accomplice he could dig his way out quite easily too so we wouldn’t be able to follow him,”

“And since your SWAT units were so effective last time you are sending us in,”

“Exactly, get your team ready,”

“Will do,”

“And Vulcan?”

“Yes sir?”

“Send Ripple over once you’re done,”

“No thank you sir, I choose life,”

An hour and a half later Vulcan and the others had arrived at Sar city bank, they all jumped off their motorbikes and took off their helmets.

“You ok Ripple?” Vulcan asked.

“Yes, fine thank you, just a bit peeved,”

“Took us long enough to get you out of your room,” Tornado scoffed.

“Shut up,” Ripple said giving him a stare which sent him scampering off behind Bolt.

“So, boss man, what’s the plan?”

“Go in, use our numbers and hope we can take down the two Mallus inside,”

“It could be something else you know, there are plenty of other heirs we haven’t met and we don’t know what they could do, and who knows what else the giants left behind that anyone could have gotten their hands on,” Ripple stated looking up and down the building.

“It could be dragons!” Bolt said looking up in the air.

“Ooh! Magic! It could be magic!” Tornado beamed.