Air and Fire

Bolt dropped to the ground, his clothes singing from the flames that demonic creature hurled at him.

“Giving up?” The voice rasped. It laughed and hurled yet another ball of flame at Bolt.

Bolt was knocked over with a thud. The figure walked over menacingly. “Not even strong enough to stay conscious, oh well,” it kicked Bolt over with an armoured boot.

The figure paused, looking up he saw his comrade Conduct, a feeble example of a man slumping up against a wall, his opponent coming for the kill.

“You’re lucky,” The figure mumbled to Bolt. Flinging a ball of fire towards Conducts assailant.

The ball hit Tornado in the chest, who stumbled backwards in surprise and anger.

Immediately he splayed his hands and the air rippled around the figure who stumbled back, confused by the sudden impact.

He thought for a moment, then spoke “I know what you are whelp,”

“Oh yea? And what is that?”

“Air, and you know what air does?”

“What?”

“Fuels flames!” The figure sent two large fireballs Tornado’s way.

Tornado spun gracefully out of harm’s way, only to be struck by a second salvo.

“How can you strike so fast?” Tornado grunted while regaining his balance.

“Your all about flow, you hit slow but you avoid most attacks, too predictable, all I have to do is keep up the rapid fire!”

“How do you know this?”

“I’m older and more experienced than you,”

“That doesn’t even make sense!”

“Have you ever wondered where you came from? You’re not even human! You belong to a greater race, those who came before. You don’t remember do you?”

“What are you talking about? I’m clearly a person!”

“Person yes, human no, if you were human do you think you could control the air around you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean? Are you calling me an alien?” Tornado demanded.

“No, I’m calling you an idiot!”

“Shut up!” Tornado sent a strong wind against the figure, whose palms shot out in front of him as if trying to stop the air.

Suddenly a wall of fire engulfed the air Tornado attacked with. The fire advanced on Tornado who realized all of a sudden that he was in a lot more trouble than he had originally expected.