Shirts (Bucky Barnes x fem!reader)

"Isn't that Barnes' shirt?" Clint asked when you entered the living room that morning. You smiled and replied, "Yep," popping the "P". Clint sat silently for a minute and it gave you hope that you could finish your coffee in peace. "So you and Bucky, huh?" With that one question, your hopes were dashed. "No, Clint," you said with a blush. In truth, you had a major crush on the blue-eyed former assassin, but you'd never tell Clint that. "Then why are you wearing his shirt?"

You shrugged and answered, "Bucky has a bad habit of leaving shirts behind in the laundry. He either misses them in the dryer or they fall out of his basket and I happen to find them. They're comfy so I wear them." You took a sip of your coffee and prayed Clint would leave you alone now. Little did you know that Bucky was listening around the corner and smiling to himself.

If Bucky was honest with everyone, he'd admit that he left his shirts behind on purpose now. When you found the first one, it had been an accident. As you suspected, the shirt had fallen out of Bucky's basket, but when he saw you wearing it the next day, Bucky couldn't bring himself to tell you. He'd waited until the next time you did laundry and pretended he hadn't noticed it missing. After that, Bucky decided you looked positively adorable in his shirts, so he started leaving them. He was hoping that you'd actually come talk to him about one day, but that hadn't happened yet, so he decided that today was the day he was going to talk to you.

He rounded the corner just in time to hear Clint ask, "So you and Barnes really aren't knocking boots?" You spit out your mouthful of coffee, right into Clint's face. Bucky couldn't hold back the laughter bubbling up in his chest. "Thanks, kid," Clint said, getting up and exiting the room, leaving you alone with Bucky. "Hey, Doll," he greeted with a smile. "Hey, B-Bucky," you said as you cleaned the coffee from your mouth. You hated that you stuttered around the man, but you just couldn't help it, especially when he smiled at you like that.

"You're wearing my shirt," he mused as if he didn't already know. "Y-yeah. I hope you don't mind. Your shirts are really comfortable." He smirked and replied, "I don't mind. You look adorable wearing it. Just like all my other shirts." You blinked rapidly a couple of times before you burst into giggles. "So you did notice. You really shouldn't leave them lying around you know," you said between laughs. Bucky was watching you, his expression a mixture of amusement and awe.

You noticed him staring when you finally stopped laughing. You cocked your head to the side and asked, "What? Is there something on my face?" Bucky shook his head and moved closer. He leaned on his arms on the back of the couch. He leaned in until he was less than an inch away from your face. You felt your breath hitch as his proximity. "Can I tell you a secret?" You nodded and bit your lip. "I left them on purpose. As I said, you look cute in them," he whispered.

You laughed lowly and said, "Do I? Well then, I guess I'll just have to wear them more often, won't I?" Bucky's eyes flicked down to the shirt and then back to your (e/c) eyes. "That one is my favorite though. I'd like it back." You quirked a brow and turn so you were fully facing him with the back of the couch between you. "If you really want it back...you'll have to catch me first!" You gave him a quick peck on his nose and took off running in the opposite direction. Bucky shook his head fondly and chased after you.

It wasn't long before you felt two strong arms, one flesh and one metal, wrap around your waist. You squealed in delight as Bucky swung you around before placing you back down on the ground and turning you to face him. He beamed at the look of pure happiness on your face. "Now, Y/N, three things. One: How about a trade? My favorite shirt for a different one?" At your nod, he continued, "Great. Two: How about a date?"

If possible, your smile widened and you nodded again. Bucky could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he asked the last question, "And three: May I kiss you?" You bit your bottom lip again and gave another firm nod. Bucky leaned in and pressed his lips to yours in a soft kiss. It was so gentle, as if Bucky was afraid he'd break you. Before you could deepen the kiss you'd been waiting months for, Tony's voice came over the intercoms, "Geez! Get a room, you two!" You and Bucky laughed for a second and Bucky returned his gaze to you. "That's actually not a bad idea."