Flinch (Bucky Barnes x fem!reader)

(a/n: WARNING!!! Very brief mention of past abuse!) 

"How could you be so stupid, Y/N?!" Bucky yelled at you yet again. You'd been arguing since you got on the quinjet after the mission. "For the hundredth time, I wasn't being stupid, Bucky! I was saving their lives! It's my job!" your voices got louder and louder the longer you fought. "Not at the risk of your own life, Y/N!" You scoffed and entered your shared room. You began rummaging through your drawers to find clean clothes. You really needed to do laundry.

The mission was a tough one, but it still went smoothly. Bucky was furious though. The two of you had infiltrated the building, taken out the guards, gotten the intel you needed and were about to leave when something caught your attention. The cry of a child. You took off in the direction of the cry despite Bucky's cries for you to stop. You had to dodge several HYDRA agents, but you were going to get to those children. Luckily for you, Bucky had your back.

"We could've gotten out!" he was yelling now. You turned on him, your eyes full of passionate fire and yelled back, "And let those poor children die? How could I do that?" Bucky groaned in frustration and raised his hand. You flinched back just before his hand continued its motion of running through his hair. Bucky noticed you flinch and lowered his hand again. "Doll?" he asked, his voice low and soothing for the first time since the mission.

You backed away from him and went back to finding your clean clothes. "I'm going to shower," you whispered and moved passed him to the bathroom. Bucky watched you walk in and close the door behind you. He didn't understand why you flinched when he raised his hand. That never happened during training or missions and Bucky had never raised his hand to you in anger. He sank down onto the bed and thought for a few minutes. His frustration was slowly melting away and by the time you emerged from the bathroom, he was no longer angry. Only curious.

Bucky could tell that you had been crying and he stopped you as you went to walk passed him again. He took your hands in his. "Y/N, Doll, please talk to me? You know I'd never hit you, don't you?" he asked, his eyes begging you to believe him. You let out a shaky breath and answered, "I know, Buck. I know you wouldn't. I just...my ex. Every time he'd get angry he'd-" you began sobbing once again. Bucky pulled you down onto his lap and help you close.

"Ssh, Doll. He can't hurt you, anymore. You are an Avenger with super soldiers as your boyfriend and best friend," your boyfriend cooed softly. You giggled through your tears. "There's my best girl!" Bucky went to press a kiss to your cheek, but you turned your head and planted a salty kiss to his lips instead. "I love you, Bucky." He chuckled. "I love you, too. That's why I got so upset. I don't want to lose you." You snuggled closer into him. "You won't lose me, Bucky. Ever."

iA�nfH8��U�