XX. Packing ... Again

Jin's mother calls him to inform him that he has 24 hours to pick his up.  Appa Kim had already thrown everything in the front yard and if Jin doesn't come and get it, he will take it all to the dump.  Before she hung up, Jin heard his father's yelling followed by a loud smack.  Then, the line went dead.

SeokJin immediately gets in his vehicle.  Right before pulling out of the driveway, Namjoon was at his window.  He was beside the younger when the phone call happened, so he heard everything.

"Let me come with you," he pleads.

"No."

"Please, Jin!  My car is bigger.  We can pack more stuff into it," Namjoon frantically begs.  SeokJin refuses.  It could be a dangerous situation since his father is violent, and Namjoon wants to protect Jin.

"The reason I was kicked out is because I like boys.  I'd rather not show up with my boyfried."  And with that, Jin sped out of the subdivision.

Hoseok has a sixth sense when it comes to his best friend.  Every time Jin is distraught, Hoseok's stomach churns and he feels a bit nauseous.  Usually, he ignores it because Jin doesn't like it when people put their noses in his business.  But sometimes, Hoseok's gut feeling is multiplied by 10, and that's when he begins to worry, like now.

Right before entering Creative Writing, his phone vibrates in his back pocket.  He immediately answers the call, even though he is standing right in front of an annoyed looking Professor Min.

His ear is met with Jin's timid, trembling voice - an obvious sign that he had been crying - "H-Hoseok..."

16 minutes after sitting in front of his old house, Hoseok's Hyundai Libero backs into the Kim's driveway.  Jin had always thought it was a bit strange that Hoseok drove a cargo truck, but now, he's thankful for it.

"Ready when you are," Hoseok said sadly.  After receiving a nod from Jin, the pair packing things into their cars.  Boxes were set in the truck bed while clothes were laid across the clea backseat of Jin's sportscar.

Right before they finished up, a fuming man stormed out of the house.  Before slamming the door, Jin's mother pleaded, "Leave them be, they're almost done!"

Ignoring his wife's words, Appa Kim pointed at Hoseok and loudly growled, "You!"  His victim stared at him like a deer in headlights.  "I knew that fag would bring his boyfriend with him!"

Hoseok cocked his head to the side, "What?  No, you're wrong.  Jin's single, sir."

"Don't fucking lie to me boy," the man spat, harshly poking Hoseok's chest.  "I knew he'd turn you gay." Appa Kim took a second to narrow is eyes at his disowned son before returning to Hoseok.

"I'm not dating your so--" Hoseok's words were cut off by a slap across his face.

"You're disgusting," he growled.

"He's not lying!" Jin interjected as he tried to wedge himself between his father and his best friend.

"Bullshit!" Jin's father grabbed Jin's shirt and uppercut him before throwing him to the ground.  Not a second later, Appa Kim's back slammed against the earth with a thud, an angry Hoseok straddling his chest.

Eomma Kim ran out the door shrieking when Hoseok threw endless punches at the aged man's face.  He didn't utter a word, instead letting his fists do the talking.

Jin stared in disbelief.  His friend isn't a violent person at all, Hoseok's sudden aggression completely threw him off.  SeokJin repeatedly called Hoseok name to bring him back to his senses.  When that didn't work, Jin timidly grabbed his friend's shoulder and screamed, "Hoseok!"

Hoseok ceased, staring in horror at the elder's bloody bruised face.  Eomma Kim pushed the beast off of her husband, crouching beside him in tears.  She was angry at him, but she didn't want him to get beat to a bloody pulp.

SeokJin stood up and grabbed Hoseok's red-stained hands, pulling him up as well.  Hoseok began apologizing to Appa Kim, but was cut off by Jin.

"I think it's best if we hurry up and leave," SeokJin said quietly.  Hoseok agreed and finished loading Jin's things into the two vehicles.  Both parents were still the grass when Hoseok got their attention.

"Hey, Appa Kim," Hoseok called out.  The man looked over at him.  "Jin's a beast in bed." Hoseok winked right before pulling Jin into a kiss and forcing his hyung into a heated make out session right in front of his parents.  After that, Jin ran into his car and drove off.  Hoseok took the time to flip Appa Kim off before leaving.

Hoseok called Jin.  "So," he asked nonchalantly, "where do you live?"