Chapter 7- Class Begins

I can't help but feel terrible for Harry, not only does he have to endure the struggles of finding your way through this magnificent school like the rest of us but our peers have been harassing him all day long. After Neville and I made our way down to breakfast it was easily seen that people were staring rudely and whispering to each other, stealing glances at him. He was visibly uncomfortable. I could relate, he had come from the muggle world, labeled an outcast and freak only to come here and be a hero. It must be torturous. After last nights ordeal I've been avoiding my dorm mates as if they were plague. I had woken early, waiting in the common room for Neville before sitting at the far end of the Gryffindor table. Neville had been giving me strange looks all morning but I didn't want to talk about it just yet. I shook myself out of my daydream and brought my mind back to the task at hand, transfiguration. Professor McGonagall has finished speaking and has instructed us to begin our notes which seem like an interesting challenge to me. I knew I would take a large interest in transfiguration from the moment the Professor cast the spell upon her desk. I quickly begin to write my notes soothed immediately by the scratching of quill on parchment. It doesn't take much thought to take my notes and I try to remember if I had another dream about Harry last night. I am pleased to come to the conclusion that I did not, as I cannot picture the vibrant green of his eyes that I've come to know so well. After I finish our note and wait for my peers to complete it as well McGonagall gives us each an ordinary match. As I've read our course books and spoken to Percy I can assume that we must transfigure our given match into a sewing needle. Professor McGonagall instructs us how to perform the correct incantation and sets us to work. Around the room I hear students shouting and being rambunctious. With the knowledge from my books in the front of my mind I begin casting. By the end of our lesson no one has completed the spell apart from myself. It was far from a perfect outcome but I knew from the rare smile upon my professor's lips that it was quite an achievement. I along with everyone else have been looking forward to Defence against the dark arts classes. Neville and I have stuck together throughout the day so neither of us could be left to fend for ourselves. I found a true and honourable friend in Neville and I do hope that he's found the same in me. We speak aimlessly as we find our way to the defense room. But as we enter my nose is assaulted with the scent of garlic, rumoured to ward off a pesky vampire. But I know all to well not to put weight into rumours such as this. I know to trust facts and facts alone. The defense teacher is called Professor Quirrell. He wears a turban that he attempts to convince us is a gift from a prince, though he doesn't make a very convincing case. My classes are quite interesting and before I can blink Friday had arrived. Neville and I make our way down to the great hall together. I have memorized the simplest path so we haven't had trouble finding our way there since the first few days. We take Neville's favoured seat by Harry and Ron. I comply though it makes me quite uncomfortable to sit near them as I find Ronald rather unpleasant and I am a little less than ashamed around Harry. "What have we got today?" Harry asks his ginger friend before he can stuff his face. "Double potions with the Slytherins," He replies. "Snape's Head of Slytherin House. They say he always favours them - we'll be able to see if it's true." I certainly hope a professor doesn't favour his own house above the others. "Wish McGonagall favoured us." Mutters Harry. I believe it's perfectly fair that professor McGonagall doesn't favour us in our work. But I don't say so because they would just look at me as if I were thick which I know full well that I am not. Eventually Neville finishes his meal and we head to our first class of the day.

~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY. ITS BEEN LITERAL AGES. IVE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF THIS ACCOUNT THE WHOLE TIME I SWEAR. anyway, I got a new count which I update hp stories as well so maybe check it out? (The_Fallen_007) anyways please forgive me &keep reading minions!!