Chapter 30

Hey everyone. I know it's been a long time and I'm sorry for that. I've been spending my weekends shopping for Christmas presents, eating, and sleeping so I really don't have much of an excuse. Writers' block? Laziness?

This chapter is dedicated to Nightsbeauty. She's my friend who just recently started writing on Wattpad and could use some support. If you could check out her writing, I'd be grateful. 

I'm not sure this chapter turned out very well, but it was sort of hard to write. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 30

"I'm really grateful for this, Milton." I stood in the doorway to Milton's apartment, glancing around to get accustomed to my surroundings. To be honest, I felt a little guilty being here; before stepping out of my cab I had checked for onlookers just so I wouldn't be seen. Being caught at a male friend's house without my husband would certainly make the tabloids.

"Anything for you, Marilyn, you know that." Milton replied cheerily, taking my coat from me to hang up in the hall closet. "Come on in, don't be shy."

The walls of the apartment were all painted a pale green, as were most of the pieces of furniture. "I take it you like the color green?" I asked, feeling uncharacteristically nervous. It was probably just from the aftermath of my fight with Joe...

Milton looked at his shoes. "Actually, it's Amy's favorite. I don't really care for it myself." He shrugged before offering me a drink.

While Milton was busy in the kitchen I took the opportunity to look at some of the picture frames around the living room. There was a picture of his son Anthony on a horse, another of him under a tree, one more of him standing beside his mother, Amy. The only picture that included Milton was the one on the side table. It showed a grinning baby Anthony held by his mother, while Milton had his arms wrapped around his wife and was kissing her on the cheek. It was a nice, sweet picture; it was the kind of picture I had always dreamed of decorating my living room with too.

"Here you are." Milton handed a glass of water to me. "You're sure you don't want champagne, or perhaps brandy?"

I shook my head, my blond curls bouncing. I had to remember to schedule a hair trim with my stylist. "Thank you but I don't drink."

"Ah, that's right." Milton took a seat beside me, leaning in. He smelled like cologne and cigarette smoke,  a pleasant change from Joe's constant Eau de Liquor. "Now tell me Marilyn," he smiled slightly, "why are you here?"

I bit my lip. Discussing my husband really didn't sound appealing at the moment. In fact, I had made up my mind to stay the night at Milton's specifically to forget about Joe for a few hours. "You have such a handsome smile." I blurted out.

Milton chuckled. "What a compliment, coming from the woman whose beautiful smile made her famous."

His words made me laugh. "My smile, really? I like to think that it was my ears that drew the camera's attention."

"You beauty in general then, I guess." Milton concurred, patting me on the leg affectionately. His hand stayed on my thigh as he looked me in the eye. "Is this why you're here then?" He spoke quietly.

"I...I suppose." I wasn't really sure what this was.

"You want this? You're sure?" Milton pressed urgently.

"I--" I was cut off by Milton leaning forward and brushing his lips against mine. I could have carried on speaking, he pulled back right away, but I was too surprised to continue.

That was what he had meant? Did he mean...an affair? We were both married! Perhaps my marriage was going down the drain already but what of his? Wasn't he happy?

"But you and Amy..."

"There is no me and Amy. We fight constantly. She never listens to me. I'm going to leave her."

My eyes widened. "What about Anthony? And the other baby?"

"I'll have to discuss that with Amy when the time comes. I'll try keep custody." Milton shrugged. "I know you want this too, Marilyn. Don't you?"

Milton wanted a divorce...perhaps I should divorce Joe, just get it over with. He was a terrible alcoholic. Come to think of it, it was likely he had already cheated  on me. He "went out to the bar with his pals" at least three times a week, but he could be seeing another woman in that time too. And there was no question about it; I was not happy as Mrs. Monroe-DiMaggio.

I leaned forward and kissed Milton lightly before pulling back. "Yes, I do want this."

I snuck back home early in the morning, just as the stores began to open. The streets were almost empty and nobody was out so I walked home, not caring if I was seen.

I wasn't sure how I should feel about last night with Milton. Guilty, exhilarated? Those would be obvious emotions caused by an affair, but I they weren't what I was feeling. No, I didn't feel very bad about what I had done, and the sex had in all honesty been better than I expected.

 I had been throwing my young life away staying with Joe. These were my good years, my beautiful years, so shouldn't I be enjoying them? Last night was fun…sex was fun. Using that logic, wouldn't it be best to seduce men, travel far, and throw wild parties these next few years so as not to waste them? I always could settle down and have a child in my late 30's, but it was too early for that now. Life was getting boring and I was sick of it!

Maybe I should send a thank you card to Milton. After all, he did help me see I need a change. I'm meant for a thrilling life, a life people will talk about for years after my death. Nobody is interested in a girl who married young, had kids young, and wasted their life away while starring in a few movies. I won't be that girl.

So my next move was obvious. Despite all the good times we had in the past, Joe had to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So please don't get mad at me for the affair or anything. I hate cheating as much as the next guy (or maybe more) but it's no big secret that Marilyn Monroe did have some affairs. Nobody's perfect...que Hannah Montana song >__<

Chapter question:

-What is your opinion on sex before marriage?

Don't forget to vote if you liked it :) You may have noticed by now that I post a new chapter when the previous chapter gets to around 30 votes. That's not a coincidence :P