chapter 6

Hey please tell people to read this I really want it to get more reads :) 12 is impressive tho

Me and Jake were walking back to the library, he was helping me carry my books. Suddenly his phone went off. He put the books down on the pavement " I have to get this"

He stood 5 metres away from me and whispered into the phone so I couldn't hear.

A crack of thunder came from above us and rain poured out the clouds. Water ran down my neck and shoulder. I wrapped my cardigan around the books to keep them dry.

Jake was shouting down the phone. He looked so angry. another clap of thunder. I started to panic.

"Jake?" I shouted

A huge boom came from the sky and lightning struck the ground causing it shake. I crouched to the ground and covered my ears. Hail stones plundered, stinging my back.

"JAKE" I screamed.

Call me pathetic if you want but I had a huge fear of storms.

it was a storm that caused the car crash. The car crash that killed my mum.

"JAKE!" I screeched. I looked up.

He was gone.

I picked up the pile of books and ran. I ran all the way home. Tears and raindrops smeared my face. This was exactly why I didn't trust anyone.

I slammed the door behind me and ran up the stairs.

"Hailie" Cam shouted " are you ok?"

" Yeah just wet" I lied shouting back.

never trust anyone.