Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The morning came to quickly. Rain drops splattered my window sill. A different window this time. Today we were going to look around St.George's community secondary school. i used what little energy I had to get up and do the skinny jean dance into my favourite, navy pair. My hair was a mess of brown knots. I sprayed in some detangling spray and brushed then out. Cam was already up making breakfast on the new 8 hob cooler that he worshipped. "Hailie scrambled eggs!" He shouted. Swiftly I jogged down both flights of stairs and took the plate from his hands "thanks you" I said.

"So are you excited to look around your new school?" He asked

"Excited isn't the right word " I replied.

The school gates were nearly as unwelcoming as the unenthusiastic teacher which greeted us at them."welcome to St.George's " he said shoving a welcome pack into Cam's hands. "This way " he said without even pointing , just walking.

It was even more drearier inside. The walls clearly hasn't been painted for years and the display boards torn and rarely changed. Fair enough the classrooms we visited the teachers looked friendly enough. I couldn't favour it much more than that though.

"This is your form room" said our tour guide. Who's name he hadn't actually told us. He opened the door to reveal a boring looking maths room. "Hello I am Mr.Brockman but you will call me Sir" said the teacher/my new form tutor. "Welcome to our class". All the students in the room stared as me as if I was poison. They all looked like they hate me before they even knew me. It wouldn't be difficult not to make friends here, I could work that to my advantage. "Why have you got a boys name?!?" One of them shouted out. Many people sniggered. "Harley is a boys name, Hailie isn't" I said but It only came out as a whisper. "Watch your mouth son" glared Cam.

"I can stick up for myself" I protested. Most of the class were in fits. "Hey Ryan put out that cigarette! " shouted sir.

"I thinker better leave "said the tour man.

I went home feeling satisfied that I would not struggle to keep to myself at St.Georges. Cam on the other hand was furious.

"How can they expect u to fit in a place like that! Those kids were HORRIBLE! smoking... In class! The part of London wasn't supposed to Be that rough , but this is worse than those short skirt tarts in wadhurst ! It's an outrage ! Hailie you have no hope.."

"Oh well it's nice to know that how you feel! Thinking I have no hope" I protested.

"Oh Hai come on you know I didn't mean it like that , I just want you to fit in"

"What I I don't want to fit in?" I shouted

"What how can you be happy if you don't have friends?"

"Oh it's nice to know you acknowledges how UNHAPPY I was when I did have friends"

"Hailie they were not friends, they were goths , you were an object to them!"

"No I don't need friends ever Cam!"

"You are the weirdest , weirdest kid I have ever known Hailie" he bellowed

"Shut up!!!!" I screamed.

I turned and ran upstairs. So fast I wasn't watching my step. I slipped and caught my shin on the wooden edge.

When I got to my room I sat on the bed and began to cry half from pain half for arguing. I could hear Cam swearing to himself. I slammed the door shut.

Half an hour later I heard him call me for dinner. I pretended not to hear him, instead I climbed into bed and wet to sleep.