Chapter 5

"Wendy get up," he said to me. We were still leaning against the wall. I didn't want to get up though, I felt so comfortable and safe there. "Wendy come on," he said.

"Okay," I said as I stood up. Peter grabbed my hand and led me to the door. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He ignored what I said and waved his hand and the spell that previously locked me in there was gone. He walked out and took me to a tree. "What are we doing?" I asked once again.

"Wendy, this is my thinking tree," he said. "This is where I... where I used to fantasize about you... and me being together," he said walking closer to the tree and the other side. I followed and saw him. He was looking at something on the tree.

"What are you looking at?" I asked standing next to him now.

He pointed his finger, "That," it was a heart with 'Peter P. + Wendy D.' carved into the tree. I can't believe he did that. He turned away from the tree and towards me, he grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. "Wendy, you see. I don't just care about you." A puzzled look appeared on my face, and I could tell by his face he could see that. "I-I," he stuttered trying to get words out of his mouth.

"You what?" I asked clueless to what the answer was.

"Never mind," he replied looking away from me and letting go of my hands. As he let go of my hands he walked away, away from me, away from the tree. He disappeared into the forest.

"Peter! Where are you going?" I yelled at him. "Comeback!" I continued as he walked farther and farther away. "Please come back," I whispered to myself. I turned to the tree, the heart on the tree. I stayed there at the tree for hours. After a while, I sat down. Hours passed I sat patiently waiting to see if he would come back.

He didn't though, but I still didn't leave. I eventually fell asleep on the ground next to the tree. I awoke the next morning, by Peter lightly shaking me. "Wendy, wake up," he said. "Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and sat up, I wasn't in the woods anymore. I was back in that hut. "Yes, Peter?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Why were you asleep in the woods? Did you get hurt?" He asked putting his arms out and embracing me. I smiled at the fact that he cared so much for me.

"I was waiting to see if you would come back," I said. He pulled back out of the hug and looked at me. His eyes had a little spark in them.

"You waited out there all night for me?" He asked.

"Of course I did. You know I care about you just like you care about me," I said holding hands and looking into his eyes.