The Prince or the Wolf: Part 17

The days passed and I haven't seen Jean or Aiden. I have a feeling that the nurse had banned them from the hospital since the commotion they made the other day. I didn't know what to do. The connection I have with Jean is like from another world. The pull I have toward him is undeniable and I couldn't find it if I tried. I can't explain it. When I look into those deep hues of blue I feel like it's calling to something inside me screaming to tear out. I feel vulnerable and alive all at once and it frightens me.

Then there is Aiden. He makes me feel like I have a place in this incredibly fucked up world. I feel a sense of familiarity and peace with Aiden. He is my soul mate and there is no denying that we belong together.

The nurse enters and helps me out of bed to change into my clothes. They have discharged me and I can finally go home and see Aladdin. I hope he's ok. I asked my neighbor to keep an eye on him when the doctor's told me they were going to keep me for a few days to monitor my wound and put me on antibiotics just in case the guy who raped me was riddled with some disease. The police had come to ask me a million questions about the incident but it was all a huge blur now, like some sort of bad dream.

I sign the last of the discharge papers and wait patiently at the on a bench outside of the hospital waiting for a cab. I wanted to see Aiden...and Jean. I couldn't keep my thoughts straight about either of them. As my cab arrives and the driver opens my door to help me in I glance off into the tree line that surrounds the hospital. I feel the strange feeling that there is a figure staring at me from the shadows of the trees and I wonder which one of my other worldly lovers it could be but I dismiss it and enter the cab.

When I arrive home, Aladdin greets me enthusiastically but thankfully avoids pouncing on me. I set my bags down in my room and quickly go into my bathroom stripping my clothes along the way. I turn on the water to a searing hot and slowly merge into the stream of water. The cascading water washes away the disgusting grime and feelings that have accumulated the past few days. I allow my own tears to blend into the water as I look down at my scarred and broken body. I have lost everything I ever loved in a matter of years and now I am just a shell of a girl who's only form of comfort is a giant dog sleeping on her bed. What could I have possibly done in my life to deserve such a terrible fate?

I turn off the water and step out of the shower not bothering to glance at myself in the mirror knowing I wont like what I see. I pat Aladdin on the head and get dressed. I make my way to the kitchen looking for food but all I can rustle up is my last package of pop tarts. I tear open the wrapper and begin to munch on it and make my way into the living room. Aladdin strolls in behind me and claims his spot on the left side of the couch. I settle in and turn on my DVR to catch up on Vampire Diaries. Before long I feel my eyelids drooping and I give in to much needed sleep.

A rapt at the door drags me from my fleeting dream and Aladdin stirs as well. The knocking becomes more persistent as I yell at them to wait. I rub my eyes and drag my way to the front door. I squint past the descending sunlight to see Aiden staring at me desperately. His shirt is wrinkled and his hair on his chin has grown significantly

"You're ok..." He says in relief as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"I'm fine." I push against his stomach to let me go and step a back creating an appropriate distance between us.

"What's wrong?" he asks, as his eyes grow wide and desperate.

"I have something to say." 

His look of concern grows deeper. I straighten up and look directly into his eyes not wavering for a moment.

"I've just been through hell and back this past week and I want some time to myself without wolves or dark beings bombarding me every time I get a moment to myself."

"What are you trying to say?" His expression grows more panicked and with the last of my resolve I look into his eyes determined.

"I'm saying I want to be alone for a while. I want to get my life back in order. Without you or Jean ruining everything." I step back into the house and with one final look at Aiden's fallen expression I close the door and lean against it with tears making their way down my cheeks.