The Prince or the Wolf: Part 15

Aiden's POV

                How could I? I just let her drive off with that leach. I see nothing but red as I strip off my clothes and shift. I run through the woods willing my feet to move faster as I make my way to the hospital on the other side of town. Flashes of Sage's pale face cloud my mind and I feel my heart tearing. If I lose her I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I wouldn't want to live. Not without Sage. Not without my mate.

I finally make it to the edge of the forest that surrounds the back side of the hospital. I shift back and put on my spare clothes and make my way to the front.

Sage's POV

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I swear to god if someone doesn't turn off that beeping, there is going to be hell to pay.

My head felt as though it would explode at any second and my body felt as though a 2000lb anvil was sitting on top of me. I attempt to open my eyes but the blinding bright light has me closing them again. I groan in pain as I attempt to move and I feel someone holding my hand. I peak my eyes open and see Jean holding my hand with his arms folded and his head down. I lightly squeeze his hand alerting him that I am awake. He glances up in surprise and lets out a content sigh staring at me adoringly. I look around the room to see if anyone else is there before looking back at Jean still staring at me.

"Thank god you're awake. I was so worried." He says leaning over me.

"Jean what are you doing here? What happened? Where is Aiden?"

I see his jaw tick in anger when I ask for Aiden but he quickly composes himself and looks me in the eyes.

"I found you collapsed on the floor losing a lot of blood. You don't need to worry about that pup. He wont be around."

His answer aggravates me to no end as I try to sit up and glare at him.

"I'm his mate! Where is he?!"

He stands up straight and glares down at me.

"Listen Sage, that mutt is nothing. He is just trying to get in between us and I'm not going to let him. Everything is going to be just fine." He gives me a stern look before walking out of the hospital room and closing the door behind him.

I felt tears running down my face. I didn't know what to feel or think. I somehow grew so fond of Jean and so attached to him but Aiden has my heart I feel this draw to him that I can't explain. I want him but I can't let go of Jean. I lay my head in my hands trying to ride out my emotions.

A few moments later I hear the door open. I don't lift my head figuring it might be jean but then I hear heavy breathing and I look up to see Aiden at the door with a such a worried look on his face.

I say nothing and give him a weak smile. He smiles back and walks straight towards me and holds my head in his hands.

" I was so worried.....i was so worried that wouldn't have made it in time. You were so pale and losing so much blood. I don't know what I would do if I lost you. I'm nothing without you Sage."

His words make my heart sink. I am so lucky to have Aiden. He cares for me so much. For a long time I had no one for me. No friends or family but then Aiden makes me feel so complete like I'm never alone.

Unable to find my voice I say nothing and just pull him towards me for a long hard kiss. I put all my feelings and passion into that kiss making sure he knows that I am his. We are so wrapped up in each other I almost didn't hear the door open and Jean walk in.

"Let her go or I will slit your throat dog."

Oh shit.