Marineford pt 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace POV

It burned...but I expected worse.

I could feel Akainu's magma drip down my back, scalding my skin. The pain tore through my mind like a raging storm, as the sickly smell of melting flesh filled the air.

Luffy and Misaki lay on the ground below me Misaki's eyes were sealed shut, but Luffy's were wide open. His face frozen in fear.

I frowned.

Don't show such an expression Luffy.

"A-Ace." his voice croaked out as he reached out his hand, still clutching the vivre card I had given him.

"I'm...fine" I huffed. My voice faltered but I didn't care.

Confusion filled my mind.

I should already be dead. Akainu's attack should have incinerated me in an instant. I knew that when I jumped in front of it....but I wasn't dead.

Why?

*drip*

Bright red blood fell towards the ground.

I noticed Misaki's sea green eyes flash open as the droplet hit her pale face.

She sat up abruptly, but unlike Luffy, who was only staring at me, Her eyes immediately looked past me. They widened like saucers as her entire body seemed to freeze, not a single breathe came from her.

What did she see? I couldn't ask. My legs trembled and finally gave in as the darkness engulfed me. I fell down towards Luffy.

"ACE!"I heard him scream as his arms caught me.

Misaki POV

*drip*

I felt the cold drop hit my face, and opened my eyes. Looking up I saw Ace. He stood, bent over both me and Luffy. His bruised body shook as it shielded us from Akainu's fierce attack,

but Ace was still breathing...

he was still alive.

Then I saw the black hair peeking from behind Ace.

No

Ace's legs gave out at that moment, and Luffy caught him. As he fell, the scene before me finally made sense.

Daemon....

Akainu forcibly pulled his flaming fist out from Daemon's chest. Daemon wobbled a bit, as his hand grasped desperately at the wound.

His black hair was slightly singed off. Pieces of flames still dancing in the dark locks. All of his exposed skin, covered in soot or soaked in red. Blood splattered everywhere, staining the ground. His once golden eyes were glossy and dull as he weakly lifted an arm towards me.

In an instant, I was up, supporting him. My hands were immediately drenched in warm blood as his head sat limply on my shoulder.

"Heh" he mumbled into my ear.

How could he still laugh?

My nails dug into his arms. "W-why....y-you baka!?" I managed to say as I fought back tears.

Daemon painfully lifted his head, his face was pure white now. A vibrant trickle of red flowed down from his mouth.

He gave a faint smile.