Chapter 7

Alex's P.O.V

My body starts to stir awake. Wow my head hurts, and my leg is so painful. I'll take some painkillers later. I try and get comfy and go back to sleep. My pillow is harder than usual... and where's my blanket? I start to feel around with my arm but feel nothing but cold hard concrete. That's weird. I lift my head and slowly open my eyes. All I see is rock like concrete walls and darkness. I think I can see what looks like long/thick poles going from the ceiling to the floor. Are those jail bars? Seriously, where am I? I look behind me and see a rock. So turns out it wasn't my pillow... but why am I here?

"Sapphire?" I call out for Sapphire as I'm hoping this is some weird illusion or something. I don't know actually I'm just scared and want my mate. I need her here, with me, right now.

I get more scared when I look in various spots of the seemly small cell and notice patches of blood. New and old patches, dry and wet patches. This terrifies me. What is this place?

I suddenly hear a metal clang and see a beam of light coming through a tunnel of stairs opposite the bars of my cell. I scurry to the nearest wall as I hear the clicking of heels on each step. Someone getting closer and closer to me. As they reach the bottom of the stairs I notice the figure is of a female. But not the figure of my Sapphire. They reach the bars and I recognise the face instantly.

"L-Lisa?" I can't believe it but at the same time I can. "Why am I here?" Lisa doesn't say anything. She just pulls out a set of keys and opens the cells door, closing it behind her when she walks in.

She takes agonisingly slow steps towards me. Once she reaches me she stops moving and stares down at me. I feel a sharp sting on my right cheek as she backhands me. I hold my cheek from the pain as she starts to talk.

"Oh Alex, you are so pathetic I almost feel bad for you... But I don't" she starts to pace back and forth in front of me as she continues to talk. "The reason I have brought your disgusting self here is simple. Revenge. Your mate killed my beloved Ted" she starts to growl after she said that "So I am going to torture you, then kill you to hurt her the way she hurt me". Fear strikes through me once again as I whimper.

Lisa slaps me again before grabbing me by my broken ankle and dragging me out of my cell. I cry out in pain as she takes me down a hidden hall next to the staircase and into another cold concrete room. I see weapons and more blood stains all around the room... surrounding a chair with straps on the armrests and front legs. I also notice in the corner of the room is Sapphires friend, Steve. I-I thought he was the friendly one? Why is he here with this bitch?

Lisa continues to drag me to the centre of the room where she throws me into the chair and straps me in. She smirks as I look over to Steve, he is grinning and starts to speak. "You're probably wondering why I am here, right? Well that is an excellent question. I have been 'friends' with Sapphire for years" he did air quotations when saying 'friends' which made me really angry. He continues to talk as he walks around the chair I am strapped in to. "I simply have befriended her to learn, learn her weakness' to challenge her and take her rightful spot as alpha for myself. So, I am going to use her biggest weakness against her. Which is you" he stops in front of me when he is done and slaps me. Hard!

"Let the fun, begin!" is shouted as I hear a click and see Lisa turning on a video camera as she heads over to me and they start to torture me with all sorts of weapons until their hearts content.

Later, when they are done with me and I am bleeding and bruised all over, they drag me back to the cell and throw me in like a sack of potatoes. I lay there as they walk off, back up the stairs with a slam as the door closes. I am in so much pain, I think I'm going to try and sleep the pain off. I start to doze into darkness to the smell of my own blood.

.:12 Days Later:.

The sound of my cell door opening alerts me that it is time for my daily beating. The only way I can see the day or night is a small crack in the rock wall that I can just see out of. I have been keeping track of the days I have been here, using a small rock as a chalk pen thingy on a small section of the wall. Drawing those 4 lines down then 1 cross to make 5 days. It has been almost 2 weeks since I first woke up in my little cell, and every day I get either 1 or 2 beatings by Lisa and Steve. They give me little to no food and water. Just enough to keep me alive, and its only small chunks of raw meat. I am used to that due to my family doing the same, but the time I spent with Sapphire I had ate the most food in a few days than I had ever had in a week.

Anyway, I thought it would be Lisa coming in to drag me to the torture room for my daily beating, but instead I see Steve coming in carrying a body. He throws the body on the ground near me and says "Play Nice!" as he walks out laughing.

I rush over to the body to see if the girl was okay. I gently turned her body. Sapphire? Oh my god. My wolf starts to whimper. She has a large gash on her forehead, above her right eye. My poor Sapphire. I can see that she is unconscious but breathing.

I silently cry as I rest her head on my non-broken leg. Lisa took off the cast and they pay extra attention on damaging it on every beating. It's crooked and battered more than it originally was.

As I sit there stroking Sapphire's hair. One thing comes to mind though, am I not getting a beating today? Maybe they won't beat me today because they hurt Sapphire? Oh I don't know. I'm just glad she's not dead. But I'm not glad she's here. Who knows what she will do to her.

Through the crack in the wall, I can see that it is now night time. I feel a stir and grumble in my lap. "Sapphire?" she gradually opens her eyes and looks up at me. "Alex?!" She leaps up and tackles me in a hug. I groan in pain but don't let her go. She's crying.

Sapphire starts to quietly sob in my shoulder and I sit up and rock us back and forth.

"Well, look who's finally awake" We hear a chuckle and Sapphire stands in front of me in a protective stance, growling and showing her teeth. Lisa and Steve are there grinning at us. "Time to have some fun" Lisa laughs. Please just leave me alone.

.......................................................................................................................................

Hope you enjoy. I'm more confident to continue and am already writing the next chapter.

Love you guys.

-LIGHTS4000

���~���