Chapter 6

Sapphires P.O.V

I don't understand. Why did she want to be left alone? What did I do wrong? I am so worried. My wolf whimpers at the thought of out mate hating us. No, Sapphire maybe she just needs some space. Just go to class and talk to her then.

So, that's what I did. I slowly walked to class, I really didn't want to go today but I knew I had too. I saw many others were taking it slow towards their classes too. I think today is going to be slow and gloomy.

When I got to class, I went and sat in the back, making sure nobody sat in the seat next to me. My wolf was getting antsy as Alex had still not come into class yet. I wonder where she went.

The teacher walked in and started to call names from the register. "Tom, Samantha, Charlotte, Alan, Randii, Demetria...." As he carried on calling on the register all you could hear was a chorus of "Yes'" and "Here's" until it got to Alex.

"Alex?" The room stayed silent as the teacher asked where she was. "Where is Alex, Sapphire?" "I don't know sir" I said. I didn't feel right. My wolf was stirring. Somethings wrong but I can't put my finger on it...

"Ok then, Lisa?" When she doesn't answer I roll my eyes. Skipping class again are we? I chuckle to myself, we werewolves are great with attendance, at least in my pack they are. It's what is expected of them. Guess she won't be getting far in the pack. Or maybe she's ill? We rarely get ill but sometimes we do. But if that's the case, then she must get ill a lot.

Alex never skips class. Maybe she just really wants to be alone. I sigh, I hate not being near her. If she had stayed at home with me then I wouldn't be feeling so down. My wolf needs our mate. I need our mate.

It comes around lunchtime and I still haven't heard of anything from Alex. My wolf will not shut up about her. I know she's worried but I am too. We are the soon to be Alpha though. We need to stay strong, she properly just went home. Yeah, that's it. She must have went home.

I sit alone at lunch. Not being able to eat. It sucks to think of my mate upset. Its making me upset.

It gets time to go to the next class. By now I have given up on waiting for Alex to walk through the door and come to me.

In the middle of the lesson I walk up and leave. I know I shouldn't have left as I need to keep a high rep at school but I just can't take it anymore. There must be something wrong. I need to find Alex and see if she's ok. What if she hates me because of the submissive incident? I whimper at the thought of this. What if she never forgives me?

My wolf reminded me of something that will be a tough situation in the relationship with me and Alex. Mating. I know what you're thinking, why am I thinking of mating when I am so worried? Well first of all imp a werewolf, I have needs..... And my wolf has a valid point. If we had done that then I would have had the mating bond with her so I could talk to her, because I don't have her number. Which needs to be sorted.

As imp walking out to my car I hear my father through the pack link. "Sapphire, why have you left class?" He didn't sound happy... "Sorry, Dad. I haven't seen Alex and it started to worry me. Is she at home?"

"No, she isn't" He sounded more serious now. "Check around for her. Sniff her out. Ill check the territory near home"

"Yes, Alpha" he sounded a bit worried himself. Ok let's sniff her out. I start to walk around the area of the school. Letting my wolf senses kick in.

"Sapphire, she is not around the territory here. Check around the school. Check where she would normally go". As he said this I ran straight for behind the school field. Where I leant was Alex's spot for hiding. I rounded the corner and froze.

Blood. There is blood on the floor. Alex's blood. And Alex isn't here. I can get a faint smell of her, and someone else. But I don't know who it is.

I dropped onto my knees. Where is she? Where is my Alex?

My wolf gets pissed. I leap up and run towards the forest, shifting and running straight for my house. Whilst running I try and sniff Alex out. Nothing. I growl whilst I start to run faster.

"DAD!!" I shift and run in the house, finding Dad and hugging him. "Dad, I can't find her. There was blood. Blood where she last was".

"Shh, baby girl. It's going to be ok. Because we are going to send out a search party, of our best warriors and trackers. And we are going to get her back. Ok?" He said this with so much confidence, that all I could do was nod and run to my room.

I look out my bedroom window and watch as the search party shift and leave. Tears well up my eyes as I turn around and start to trash the room. Why her? Why my mate?

I flip the desk in my room and tear up the mattress on my bed. I haven't even told her I love her yet. We haven't even mated... we didn't get the chance to become one. To love each other.

I collapse onto the floor. I want my mate. I want my Alex. I fall asleep at this final thought.

I jump awake as I hear a crash downstairs. As I get up to sneak downstairs I hear someone try to sneak upon me. I turn and growl as I pin someone up the wall with my hands around their throat.

"Who are you?" I growl into their face.

"Im your worst nightmare" He says. Then a bag goes over my head. I smell someone else. It's the same scent that was near the school field. I growl as I run back and slam the body up against the wall.

They groan as I keep slamming them up against the wall. I suddenly have a sharp pain in my head.

Then everything goes black.

.......................................................................................................................................

Hey guys, so sorry. But heres an update. I hope you guys are still sticking with me and this book. Would love some votes and comments

-LIGHTS4000