Chapter 14

Cosette's face could be read as a mixture of confusion and pensiveness. The man certainly did look familiar to her. However, she was unable to match the face with a name or a time and place of meeting. Cosette tried her hardest to think of everyone she had come in contact with in the past couple of months. Her mind was still rather foggy over everything that had happened in the months after her father's passing. The only thing that she could always remember was going to the bar, and getting drunk. 

An uncomfortable silence had fallen upon the three of them. Grantaire had been shifting his weight back and forth, Marius had let his eyes wander around at the scenery only to occasionaly catch a glimpse at Cosette, while Cosette remained silent. After a long time, it was Cosette who broke the silence between them. She gave a sort of apologetic smile to Grantaire, and replied, "I'm sorry. I am not quite sure I remember meeting you. Everything has kind of been a blur lately."

Grantaire's face was a little bit stern at that moment as he had responded, "Cosette, it's Grantaire. You really don't remember me?" To which Cosette gave a slow nod. Grantaire nodded back, and then continued to speak, "That is really weird... I kind of thought that the thing that we did together would be kind of unforgetable..."

Marius grew rather uncomfortable at the mention of this. Knowing Grantaire, he felt as though he knew what he was hinting at. He hoped that he was wrong, and that it was something much different from what he was thinking Grantaire meant. However, he felt as though that would be highly unlikely. Marius looked down at Cosette, whose face still seemed to be in a state of confusion. He whisper to her quizzically, "Cosette, what is he talking about?"

Cosette stared down at the ground, not wanting to meet either Grantaire or Marius's eyes. Her mind had remained the tiniest bit innocent to the world like all those months before. She was completely oblivious to the statement that Grantaire had hinted to before hand. She was trying so hard to remember their time of meeting, but the fog would simply not clear out. She stammered to Marius, "I-I honestly don't know."

Grantaire huffed, a bit annoyed by this statement. "Cosette," he asked, "would you like me to tell you?" Cosette looked up at him, and nodded slowly. Grantaire nodded in understanding, and then spoke. The words seeming to fall from his lips so easily, as if he spoke these words on a daily basis. He responded, "Cosette, you and I slept together... Around two months ago..."

_______________________________________________

I'm so sorry this chapter is so short.

I might come back, and edit it some time later.

QUESTION TIME!!!!!

1. Who has this saved to their library/ is reading it? I really want to know whether or not to continue.

2. What do you guys think of the story so far? Love it? Want to find me so that you can pound my face in because of how much you hate it? Let me know!!!!

3. Do you guys have any ideas on what I can include into the story? This fan fiction is based off a roleplay I did, and things seemed to run by in it rather quickly. I would love to add in more to the story, so give me ideas please! 

Thank you guys for getting this close to 200 reads! I love you all so much for it! 

Vive La France!!!