Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Cosette and Marius stood there like that for a few moments silently. After what seemed like hours, Cosette looked down, and blushed. Her voice was rather light and fumbling, "S-sorry about that." She reluctantly let go of Marius as he released his grasp of her as well.

Marius's face turned red a bit, wishing that their moment had lasted just the tiniest bit longer. He spoke in a bit of a hushed tone, "I-it's fine." Marius's mind was clouded in thought. There was something about this girl, though she drunk out of her mind, that drew him to her. He had begun to ponder if he could possibly be falling in love with this girl? Though they had only known each other in this short walk, he began to feel as though there was some sort of bond that was tying the two of them together in a way, sort of as if it were fate for the two of them to meet at that bar.

Marius was not the only one who was behaving pensively. Cosette's mind was also running at a mile a minute. However, her thoughts were a mixture of things. Though they seemed to center around Marius, her thoughts also were ones of questioning. Whether or not she was beginning to have feelings for the man she was following home, if she should trust him, and whether or not she should share her story with him.

Cosette shook her head, trying to suppress her thoughts Marius was the first person she had had an actual conversation with in months, and she wasn't sure if the things that she was feeling were genuine. Maybe they were simply there because she was grateful towards his kindness, and it didn't hurt that he was indeed very attractive.

It wasn't long until the pair had finally arrived at Marius's house. He unlocked the door to reveal an elegant Parisian household. Cosette walked inside slowly, as if the house were made of glass and she would break it if she stepped too hard. Her eyes wandered in awe of the beauty of everything inside, and then she turned to Marius. Her eyes sparkled with astonishment, "Is this really where you live?"

Marius gave her a soft smile, and nodded, "Yeah it is."

Cosette twirled around the room a bit, giggling like a young girl. She laughed, "It is absolutely glorious!"

Marius chuckled a bit, "Thank you Cosette. That is very kind of you."

Cosette continued to twirl around the room, while trying her best to not knock anything over. Becoming a bit dizzy, she began to tumble backward. Marius acted fast, and brought his arms out to catch her just before she hit the ground. Marius and Cosette chuckled a bit, and Marius helped Cosette back on her feet. Cosette blushed a bit, and gave him her thanks.

It was silent for a long time, until Cosette heaved a big breath. She spoke quietly, "If you are still interested, I think I am ready to share with you why I drink so much."

Marius replied, "You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't want to force you to do something you don't want to do."

Cosette looked him in the eyes, "I think I want to tell you."