Prologue

Prologue:

At the ABC Cafe, there was always a colorful group of characters hanging around there. The students who used the tavern as a place to talk about their recent ideas of rebellion. The prostitutes who had come to earn their living through the men who entered. Then, you had your usual cast of drunkards who would bury their lives in the bittersweet sensation of alcohol.

On this cast of drunkards, there had been a recent addition. Every night for the past month and a half, a young girl, looking to be no more than 17, would come in looking sorrowful and weary. She would then come and drown her sorrows in wine, then leave slurred, sardonic, and a bit clumsy. The girl did not seem to have any friends, for she would come in alone speak to no one, and leave the way she had entered. Even when drunken men would try to flirt with her, she would normally brush them off.

It pondered members of the cafe to why this young and attractive girl would come in to drink her life away when it seemed she had the rest of her life ahead of her. However, no one had ever dared to interrogate her about it. Each person there had their own weight upon their shoulders, and each person could have a whole novel written about their reason to come to the ABC.

This is only the story of one patron of the bar though. The story of the young Cosette, abandoned and depressed, and of her encounter with another patron at the bar that would change her life forever.

___________________________________________

I hope you guys like this! Comment me what you think! Also, I apologize for the cover being rather blurry.