Tables Have Turned

(Sorry you guys! I'm actually volunteering at an oprhanage in Vietnam right now so I haven't had enough time to write the 87th Games. I've been writing a blog about my time here though, so you's could deffs check it out if you want. http://friendshipvillageorphanage.blogspot.com/ )

~

The hunt had begun.

I grabbed my things and put them on Trouble’s back. I knew that somebody was going to die today but I didn’t care who, as long as it wasn’t me or Arrow.

“Come on girl” I ordered as I jumped on her back.

This morning was a huge day. We had spent the whole day preparing our hunt. Thanks to Arrow, I knew where the boy from 6 was hiding and after a long and tedious day of planning we knew how we were going to kill him.

“Yah!” I screamed as I kicked her backside as she began to trot.

 There were 5 people left in the games, me, Arrow, Bloom, a boy from 6 and a boy from 11. I had no idea how someone from district eleven had survived, let alone gotten this far in the game but part of me was proud of them. If I died, I wanted either Arrow or the boy from 11 to win.

The 87th Hunger Games this year had been pretty different from the previous ones and I was beginning to wonder if there had been any back lash from the government. What would happen if the Capitol weren’t happy with the victor? Were they mad about the use of a gun?

Apparently, the boy from 6 had made a tree house in the Jungle, just like Avery had done in her games. It was typical and almost every lonesome tribute since then had tried to copy her but strategically, it was a terrible idea. It was almost indefensible, not to mention it left the tribute completely and utterly vulnerable.

The plan had been set and I knew exactly what I had to do. Arrow would be waiting to finish the plan but until then – it was up to me.

I shook my head in order to clear my mind.

I was riding on Trouble and we were absolutely flying through the trees and into the jungle. She galloped hard against the ground and all I could hear was her steady breathing as we rode deeper and deeper into the bushland.

I noticed that the boy from district 6 had laid out some traps to discourage intruders but it didn’t do too well against Trouble. She just ploughed through the dense grass and snares, despite the multiple cuts appearing on her legs. Bless her.

“woah there” I hushed to Trouble, stroking her mane.

She slowed her gallop to a saunter and we slowly walked the rest of the way to the tree house.

I jumped off her and quickly put my legs under a snare and on cue, Trouble ran away as per the plan. I took in a deep breath in and without warning; I let out a long and drawn out scream.

I heard my loud shriek permeate through the jungle, a few birds even flying away in fright. I then quickly grabbed onto my leg, feigning an injury and continued to scream for all I was worth.

I heard a rustle from the bushes and footsteps running towards me.

“Please don’t hurt me” I begged

“I don’t want to die, please help me!” I continued to plead.

The boy from district 6 was standing before me. He looked at me in awe and utter disbelief that he had caught someone, let alone me.

“Stay still” he ordered as he cut the rope from my legs.  

 “Here, come to my tree house” and without warning he scooped me up and carried me to his tree house and up the ladder.