22

~*Benja*~

My gaze flicks from M'ayris to the other man. They both were on that picture box thing. The empress is looking for Frags and M'ayris. That means...

"Your name is Frags. Isn't it?" I ask, looking over at the man.

"About time you figured it out," He mutters, running a hand through his hair before standing up. I bite my lip as he pushes the attractive looking human beside, "What are you going to do about it?"

"Why did you kill emperor Wojcik?"

"I didn't." He looks me directly in the eyes as he speaks. "At least, I don't think I did."

"Let's leave the interrogations for later boys. Right now we have to go save Rob." M'ayris steps between us, her eyes narrowed.

"Fine. But how are we going to find him?" Frags turns his attention to M'ayris.

"Benja here knows exactly where the ship is, and he's going to take us there." She's threatening me. I know it. This human guy must be very close to the two of them.

That must be why the empress is going to kill him.

"What if I refuse?" I cross my arms defiantly.

"We'll kill your little boyfriend," Frags snaps, pointing at the human, "Let you know how it feels." My face heats up. You're a mess Benja. A complete mess.

"He's not my boyfriend," I mutter quietly, rubbing my arm.

"Oh really? So you wouldn't mind if I threw this at him?" M'ayris pulls a knife out of her pocket and twirls it around in her hand. My eyes widen with fear as I look at the knife.

"Please don't! He doesn't know what's going on! He'll probably think you're just killing him for the fun of it!" Please let that work.

"Oh don't worry. We'll tell him before hand that you gave us your blessing." I clench my arms tightly before looking over at the human. He was looking at us with worry. At least he can't understand what we're talking about. Otherwise, I don't know what he'll think. Would he still be interested in me? No. Definitely no.

"Fine. I'll get you to the ship. Just, don't hurt him." M'ayris smiles before putting the knife away.

"Wonderful. But remember, if you try anything funny, your boyfriend is going to get it." With that M'ayris and Frags walk away. Leaving the human and I alone.

Feeling weak, I sit down on the ground and run a hand through my hair. I can't believe they're using this guy against me. I shouldn't care about him. He's a pathetic human! Why do I care so much? I don't even speak his language. I close my eyes and clench my jaw in frustration. I'm weak... I always have been...

Suddenly something warm wraps around me. My eyes snap open to see the human. He was holding me close, his arms around my shoulders. My face heats up and my hands move up to his chest involuntary. What is he doing? Wait, what am I doing?

He starts speaking softly in his language before rubbing my back, as if he's trying to comfort me. Does he care that much about someone who isn't of his kind? Are all humans this kind? Tears perk in my eyes, and my face flushes even more. Embarrassed, I hide my face on his shoulder. Those who cry are weak. Why can't I be completely emotionless like M'ayris? Why did I have to be born weak?

~*Jerome*~

He looked so upset, so frustrated, I had to do something. I couldn't just sit there and watch him beat himself up.

I can't say anything that he will understand, so I just rub his back. It's the best I got. If it works with Lachlan and Vikk, I'm sure it'll work for him too. I really wish you could speak english. Then I could tell you how I feel, and you'd understand.

His grip on my shirt tightens before quiet sobs start coming from him. He's crying. He's too pretty to cry. I bite my lip before holding him closer. Has he even been hugged before? Or is his kind just extremely heartless, and he's the only one strong enough to have a heart...

~*Lisa*~

I shiver and rub my arms as I walk through the snow. I'm wearing a hoody, when I should be wearing a ski jacket or something like that. (A/N fun fact about me: I can wear a hoody in the snow and not feel cold! ^~^)

Snow was covering everything by the time I reached the apartment complex. I sigh in relief before climbing up the stairs. I overheard Rob on the phone a little while ago saying that he lived in apartment 123. Maybe that's where Preston is staying. My steps slow as I come closer to the 123rd apartment door. Would he even trust me anymore?

A door opens in front of me and a man in a blue hoody walks out onto the walkway, completely oblivious to me. He leans against the railing and looks out to the snow covered parking lot. He looks like Preston.

"If I didn't write those letters, none of this would've happened," the man murmurs quietly, "You would be safe, I would be in the asylum, and everyone who has died wouldn't be dead. This is all my fault."

"It's not healthy to blame yourself over something that can't be controlled." The man looks over at me in surprise after I spoke. His shock filled face soon turns happy, then confused. Yep. It's Preston alright. And I believe that's Rob's hoody he's wearing.

"Lisa?!"

"Hey Preston," I say with a shy smile, "I see you've gotten into Rob's clothes." Preston's face goes bright red and he clears his throat.

"N-no. Why would I do that?" He laughs nervously and scratches the back of his neck. I smile at how adorable he was acting.

"Tell me everything that happened between you two while I was gone." He's face seems to grow redder, if that was even possible. Oh my god... Keep calm Lisa. Don't fangirl. But did they... Stop Lisa!

"Y-yeah." He clears his throat. "Sure."
________________________
Fact about the aliens: They're a race obsessed with being strong emotionally, and physically. The more you show you're emotions, the "weaker" you appear to be, no mater how physically capable you are. Hence the reason some *cough* Juniper/M'ayris *cough* have mastered the art of hiding emotion.

This book is getting close to the end! /(0.0)\

Anyways,

:)

Much luv,
Mickey-Kenzie