6

~*Rob*~

I knock on the door to Preston's room, and it opens quickly to reveal Preston standing there, looking annoyed. "Are you ready to go?" I ask, rubbing my arm.

"Not necessarily. I have a few questions for you though." He moves away from the door, opening it wider for me to enter. What's going on? I nod and walk into the room, my heart feels like it's beating over 1,000 kilometers an hour. He closes the door and turns to look at me, his arms crossed.

"What did you want to ask me?" I ask, nerves bubbling in my stomach.

"Are you aware that only a care taker or volunteer assigned to the patent can wake them up?"

"No?" What is he going at here?

"I see. Why do you look so nervous, Robert? I'm only asking you a few questions."

"I'm not nervous! Who's nervous? It's definitely not me." I clear my throat as Preston shakes his head.

"Sure. And by the way, when you woke me up this morning, you made me very frustrated."

"I didn't mean to-" I snap my mouth shut as Preston smirks slightly.

"Thought so." He points a finger in my face. "I caught you, Robert, or should I say, 'Nobody.'"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I cross my arms, "I don't know what you're talking about, nor why you are interrogating me over this matter."

"Don't play dumb with me, Robert! I'm not a child, nor am I an idiot. And, before you try, I don't accept bribery."

"Fine," I mutter, sitting down on his bed. "You caught me. Happy?"

"Not entirely." He sits down beside me. "Why didn't you tell me who you were?"

"You didn't seem to be a big fan of me." I shrug and look down at my feet. "But I doubt that's even an excuse."

"It's not." I feel his hand brush mine and my face heats up. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure?"

"What would it take for me to get out of here?" I turn and look at him in shock.

"W-what?"

"I want to know what'll happen if I escaped this place and..." his voice trails off as he stares at his feet.

"I can help you," I say quietly. His head shoots up and he looks at me, excitement shining in his amber eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes." I stand up and turn towards the door. "But you're going to have to wait. It's too early to plot an escape. They'll know it was me who is helping you."

"You're a god, Robert!"

"No, I believe that people shouldn't be accused of something they are not. That doesn't make me a god."

"In my eyes you are." His smile fades, but the excitement in his eyes doesn't.

"Your eyes maybe. I have to go now. Remember, we never spoke about this."