Chapter Seven

...I'm writing to you now to ask for your help. My sister has gone into lycan territory in the mountains unprotected. I don't trust the force she is with and I know she will dispose of them along the way. I'm wanting to know if you can follow her there and protect her. I will meet you there in a day's time...

I sealed the note and attached it to Orion's talon. Taking him to the window, I released him and watched as he flew away. There was a knock on my door as Phaedra breezed in. "Are you all packed?" "Yes sister. And you?" "Yes. Our force is ready. Shall I leave first or you?" "I think it best sister if you leave first. Romania is further from here. And besides, I'm only going to the towns throughout Transylvania. Your task is more vital to our cause." She laughed. "Stop trying to get rid of me Khan. If I hear of Serena being in here I will tell Ariahni to expect a sister-in-law. Alright?" I laughed a little too. "I understand sister. May a safe journey await you." She came forward and kissed me on the cheek. "Be strong brother. I will see you again tomorrow." She left and I sat down, gripping the chair as hard as I could.

"I've missed you brother." Turning around, Fane was standing in my doorway. He was different from the last time I had seen him. Before he left unexpectedly. "I've missed you too brother." He came in and we grasped each others hands. Gesturing for him to take a seat, I poured him a glass of blood and took a seat myself. "I wasn't aware that father was blessed with another daughter. I shouldn't have left so unexpectedly." "Yes. Ariahni would've liked to have met you." "A beautiful name. How can I help?" "I actually thought you were going straight to the mountains." "Well, I was at first, but, when I saw that the person concerned was my half-sister, I felt inclined to get more information. But to hear that it's not Phaedra, I feel I definitely need more information." I laughed. "I understand brother. Well, what can I tell you really. She's very alert when it comes to the Hunt and her senses are very attuned to the forest. Well any outdoor environment really." He laughed. "Sounds like father. What else is she like?" "Well, she prefers to act before thinking. She's a very practical person. Dislikes the theory part." "Is she like your mother?" "She doesn't really resemble our parents at all. Both physically and mentally. Mother said she resembles her sister who is in London as we speak. Anyway, she went into the mountains before me and Phaedra to track down how many lycans we may be dealing with and what they may be up to. She also scented a second piece in their team when we went to my rendezvous point for our supply caravan and she's taken interest in who it could be. When she finds out, she'll contact me and Phaedra and we'll move our forces in." "Sounds like she's got everything sorted out brother. What would you need my help for?" "She has no way of sending a report back. She's bound to try and deal with the problem herself. I was hoping that, by sending you in after her, you could send a report instead." He nodded his head. "I will do this for you." He stood up and then hesitated. "She really doesn't know about me, does she?" "I'm sorry Fane. If you had stayed there may have been a chance. And father forbid us from telling her." "Telling her that she had another older brother. I can't blame him." Shrugging his shoulders, he put the glass on the table and came over to grasp my hand again. "I will see you in a day's time brother and I will keep in touch." "Thank you Fane." He nodded once and was gone. My rescue plan was in motion. With Fane on my side I knew that I had nothing more to worry about. Ariahni was in the safety of another siblings hands.