Chapter Three

When he had left i spotted the family portrait i had which hung beside my closet holding my armor. A warm tingle was felt inside me. I was the odd one in my family for i didnt resemble or have any characteristics linking me to my parents. Well, physically anyway. While Khan and Phaedra both resembled my mother and father both physically and mentally, i had instead resembled my mother's sister whom we never had the chance to meet. Mother only told us that she was somewhere in London. My hair was ebony black and my face had soft facial features with a little pink blush in my cheeks. My lips had a tinge of red, red as blood and my eyes were the green tinge like cat eyes. That portrait bought back the most fondest of memories but also the most fearful. Lifting up my singlet, i looked at the scar which i could never remove. A scar i had received as a child. One night, during a storm, the Lycans broke into our home. They were using the storm as an opportunity to come after us. Being a bit careless and stupid, instead of running and hiding with my brother and sister, i ran the other way, trying to catch up to my parents. Instead i had run towards a Lycan and couldnt escape fast enough. I froze and he attacked me. Raking his claw over my stomach i fell to the floor. Blood poured out of me like a mini downpour of rain. I would have been completely drained and eventually dead if it hadnt been for my father arriving after Khan had so speedily searched the castle to find him. The scar had grown as i did. It now stretched from the top of my left rib, diagonally slanting across my stomach, until it ended at the bottom of my right rib. Putting the singlet down, i tried once more to bury that fearful night. It was the reason i had feared Lycans more than our kind was supposed to. I had a scar that would remain with me forever. A scar that marked me as a near death survivor. Drinking another vial from my wardrobe, i lay back down on my bed and closed my eyes. Vampires couldnt sleep but closing our eyes seemed to give us a small satisfaction of remembering that feeling.

The day that followed was filled with all three of us arguing against each other. We came up with different strategies and complained that each others werent good enough. I agreed with Phaedra and the next I agreed with Khan. They both agreed with me on some account and then they continued to adjust the plans i had managed to convince them with. A map of our home was spread out on the table and we never paid much attention to it other than to point out where we were going to place ourselves. Rubbing my temples, i sat down and tried desperately to block them out. "Enough! We wont solve anything if you two keep arguing!" They both looked at me and surrendered. Looks of forgiveness came over their faces. "You're right Ariahni." They sat down and gestured for me to sit down too. "We need to come up with a reasonable plan. And Khan, i really think we should listen to Ariahni. Lets consider her opinion for once." He glanced at me and for the first time, he kept his word by letting me explain myself.

"The plan is plain and simple. We hold three days for preparation. During that time, you both depart to each of your alliances. Train them and their soldiers the first two days. Because of my advantage in the forest, i will leave with a scout force and ride towards the mountains. There, i will do some re-con. See what has become of the Lycans and to gather any information they may or may not have on their plans.You come to the mountain with your alliances on the third day. Phaedra, you post your alliances near the northern entrance of the mountains. Khan, you post yours at the south and west, leaving me the east. They try to escape, we will be ready for them." "I don't feel comfortable with you leaving on your own while me and Phaedra go and gather our alliances. Even if you have a scout force with you and you are able to protect yourself. I'm not there with you and you may as well be removed from the plan." "Yes I understand Khan but we talked about that last night alright. I know my plans are worthy of pursuing. Now do we agree?" They both looked at each other with trust written in their features but they finally conceded and nodded their heads. "Good. Lets finish with this then. I believe you two have some packing to do. Meanwhile, I need to sign some documents that were left on my table in my chambers, so collect me when you're done."