Chapter Five

I was armored up and my scout force was prepared. Khan made sure I had the best with me as I noticed that I had two rogues and two warriors. I knew they werent only the best but I remember father having them by his side every time he went into battle. Climbing into Shadow's saddle, she whinnied excitedly. I knew she couldn't wait to feel the wind breezing through her mane, the earth beneath her feet. I would've felt the same sensations if I was on my feet as well. Traveling as I used to when I was a teenager. But I understood that you couldn't keep an animal locked up for so long. It needed to be set free once in a while. Khan appeared by my side and grasped my hand. "I'll be fine big brother. Don't worry. Everything will go as planned." He nodded and let me go. Looking at my scout force I nodded at each of them too. "Let's ride." I nudged Shadow forward and she galloped towards the gate. She was riding towards freedom.

&&

Shadow galloped towards the gate and she was gone. My little sister, taken along with her. My hand still felt warm from when I grasped her hand. I hoped she got the message behind it. Phaedra's hand grasped mine. "Come on. Lets get our things ready." She pulled me back to the castle but I resisted. There was a strong sensation in my gut that told me to forget about my alliances and just run after Ariahni, bring her back and lock her in her chambers. But she had left the castle walls and her fate had begun. There was no stopping what was destined to happen.