Prologue: Izaya Orihara

People describe me in many ways. Some I'd agree with, but others I shoot down in an instant.

A few of the descriptions I've come to terms with include neurotic, shameless, blunt, and I've come to acknowledge 'rude.'

The ones I am most offended by are listless, evil, and the one I hate the most: psychopathic.

I'm not listless, for I do care. I care so much to the point where I know more about every person than they know about themselves. I strive to find new information on all of my lovely humans.

As for evil, well evil is such a strong term. I've never actually done anything bad. People think I'm cruel for playing with their emotions, but they're the fools that fell into my traps in the first place. I'm about as harmless as a caged tiger. I have the potential to hurt others, but don't because I'm nice.

Finally I am not a psychopath. The general conditions one must have to be classified as a psychopath include the following: they have no moral emotions, no attachment systems, no concern for others, are shameless and manipulative, feel no guilt nor embarrassment, and feel no love. Psychopaths also have the tendency to become serial killers or rapists. I do meet many of the qualifications, but I do have concern for others, feel love, and do not harm anyone; I make others do that for me.

I love all humans and care deeply what happens to them. Humanity is so interesting and fun to observe. That's why I put my humans through such horrible situations. I just want to see their reactions. Will they show resilience? Will they break down and scream? Sometimes humans can be predictable, but every now and then humanity surprises me. That's why I have so much fun!

Although, there is a single human amongst the others that I can only seem to hate. He is extremely annoying, unpredictable, and constantly tries to kill me. I will always, always, hate my beloved Shizu-chan.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Hey~! How was it? I came up with this while reading my book for a philosophy class, so I'm not sure how good this will be.

Bye, bye!

9-7-16 (Day Month Year)