Chapter 24

Alright, lovelies. I apologize for the long wait. However, I must say.  Take this as a warning. I plan on ending this story in 5 chapters or less. I've been writing it for a couple years now and I want to move on to something else. Be prepared! Things are about to get crazy.   xoxo

 Chapter 24

"I'm not going to hide away in some room, while you're out trying to get yourself killed!" I scowled. Another few days had passed and now Blake was telling me that I was going to hide up in my room while all hell breaks loose. I refused. It's like he doesn't know me at all. 

"You're going to do what I tell you." He rolled his eyes. "You're just some weak little human. You stand no chance against any vampires. Much less, trained ones." I scowled. Weak? Did he just call me WEAK? He sighs. "Look...I'll be fine. I promise you."

I shake my head. "I don't think you understood me correctly, Blake...I said I'm NOT staying in my room. And I mean it." 

And again, he rolled his eyes. "And I don't think you understood ME correctly, Jasmine. I said you are. Now let's just forget about the battle for now, and focus on other things." He smirked at me and his eyes flashed with mischief. I actually quite like this look on him...It's not often that he looks playful or mischevious. It makes him seem almost more human. But at the same time, as I've learned over the last few days, that look always comes before he does something that literally steals my breath away. 

Pursing my lips and grinning at him, I moved out of the way before he could wrap his arms around me and pull me to him. I managed to run to the door before he wrapped his arms around me and turned me around, pinning me to the door and pressing his body against mine.

Flushing madly, I looked up at him with wide eyes. Over the last few days, he's been overly affectionate. I'm still not used to the intimacy. Smirking down at me, he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine and wasted no time in kissing me passionately.

It didn't take even a second for me to respond. Pressing my body more against his, I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into his hair, kissing him back with as much passion as he did me.

****************

More days passed, and it came to the day before the battle. I hadn't really seen Blake much lately because he's been out with his guards. Turns out, he's also gathered some of his allies to help him. I guess he was more prepared than I thought. But I can't help the worry I feel. As it gets closer, I can feel the anxiety weighing me down more and more.
Today, I was given no chores to do, for Blake wasn't in to give them. So instead, I lay in bed thinking of the worst possible scenarios that could happen. I know that thinking negatively is never the way you should go, but I honestly find that I can't really help it.

Over this past few months, things have changed so quickly. One minute, I was literally on the top of Blake's death list. He told me that before he found out I was his mate, I was literally one more sarcastic remark away from getting sent to that torture chamber he has down in his basement.

After I found out he was my mate, things just went into a spiral from there. So many things have changed and I can't even begin to explain them. But somehow, my fate is tied to Blake's. I can't really say that I love him because I don't know if that's possible anymore...But I DO know that I won't be able to allow anything to happen to him.

***********************************************************************

I know, I know....You all have EVERY right to yell at me. I'm a terrible person and I don't deserve ANY of my fans. I feel like I say this in every chapter, but I really do mean it. I know this isn't a very long chapter, but I finally got something out.

I know this story moved fast, and I'm sorry. I'm trying to slow it down a little. There is a reason to my madness though, and I'll explain everything when I finish the story, which will be soon. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Love you ALL! xoxo Peace