Chapter 10

Strange garbled noises slowly broke through the haziness and slowly I started to feel as though I had more control over my body. I opened my eyes only to have shut them back again. The light was so shocking it was almost blinding. "Jasmine?"

His voice was another shock. My eyes shot open and landed on him sitting in a chair beside me. His usually careful cold emotionless blue eyes looked tired and...something else I couldn't name. His normally dishevelled shaggy black hair was even more dishevelled then usual. Yet he still looked sexy as hell. As always.

"Blake?" I scowled when my voice came out in a painful choked whisper. I lifted my numb arm and saw an I.V with red liquid running through it. Blood? But why would they be giving me...? Realization smacked me in the face and I gasped as the memories came back. The pain as he drank from me forcefully and the pain and horror I felt when when I tumbled down the stairs. And even the sound of his evil cruel laughter flitted through my mind. But mostly I remembered how angry Blake had been, not at me, but at the bastard who had done this to me. Blake had even seemed somewhat worried. I looked back at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked carefully. I sighed. "Like utter crap." I muttered and then cringed when my throat protested. He seemed to notice my discomfort and handed me a glass of water. He then helped me lift my head and drink the water. My throat instantly felt better. "Better?" I nodded and sighed as he slowly lowered my head back onto the pillow. Pain was starting to show through the numbness. It was everywhere. "What's the verdict?" I finally asked. He looked at me gravely and I could tell that whatever the verdict was, it wasn't good. "Do you really want to know how badly hurt you truly are?" "Duh! I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Of course I want to know how hurt I am so I can know what not to do!!" I snapped. He looked slightly amused but not angry. Well that was unexpected. "You have a concussion. A bad one.  You lost way too much blood. You have some broken and cracked ribs. And you have bruises covering every single part of your body. You almost died." I shuddered and then frowned as pain went through my sides. "How long was I out?" "1 day." My eyes widened. "1 day?!" I was kind of hoping I was out for a couple weeks or something so most of my wounds would be healed. But 1 day? If anything that just makes the pain even worse. Ugh. He stared at me blankly. "What? Do you wish that you could have been out for longer." I smiled, ignoring the stiffness of my cheeks. Must be another bruise. "Yeah I do actually."

He shook his head. "I guess I can see where you're coming from." He smiled at me. Like...he actually SMILED. It wasn't cold or mocking. It was friendly. I gaped at him. "Yeah." Was all I could manage to say.

"So you don't have any questions about why I care about your life?" He suddenly said. "I-wait what?" I stared at him confused. "You don't care that I, the cruel Blake Rider, actually care rather you live or die?" He cares about me? That certainly is something new to me. "I wasn't aware that you cared." I said awkwardly. Where in the hell was this coming from? For some reason...I don't know. Its like he's being a friend and not forcing it. He rolled his eyes. "Don't let it get to you too much. The only reason I "care" is for reasons that you will never know." I blinked at him. "What?" He has just managed to litterally confuse me. He smirked bust didn't respond. Asshole. "Wouldn't hurt to explain." I mumbled to myself. He laughed and said something about it being time for me to get my injuries checked out and called for Jason to come and do that. Maybe there's alot more to Blake than meets the eye.

**************************************************************************************************************

Short chapter? I know. Sucky chapter? I know that too. Blah! School has finally managed to give me writer's block. I've lost the urge to write. :/ Don't worry. I'm going to continue writing until I finish this story no matter what. But until I get my writing urge back there are going to be some seriously suckish chapters. Please vote, comment, and POSSIBLY fan?! Maybe thats what I need to get my writing back!! Well...I have a headache and I'm going to get off now.....Peace!