XIV

During the days when Chanyeol was confined at the hospital, Eunhae visited frequently. She would bring her notes and books to review there while taking care of Chanyeol. Mrs. Lee couldn't find a reason to protest so she let her daughter be, and it greatly wondered her to see how strong her child was—to be able to manage her studies despite the obstacles in her life.

Whenever Eunhae gets to the hospital from school, she would bring paperbacks for Chanyeol to read while she would settle herself at the round table located at the corner of the room to study.

Chanyeol was reading a book entitled "Life of Pi" when after a while, he found himself staring at Eunhae. Actually, he always does.

She was intently taking some notes while a book was opened beside her arm. Then, after some time, he settled his attention again on the paperback he was holding while a crooked smile was plastered on his face.

Eunhae wasn't aware that as days pass by, the boy, who's a few steps away from her, and who keeps on glancing at her, is falling in love with her more and more.

It was during that day when the both of them took a nap. Eunhae laid herself beside Chanyeol and quickly dozed off after reviewing for two hours. Chanyeol, on the other hand, watched her as she slowly drifted off to sleep. He smiled at the sight of her lashes and how her lips were parted as she slept.

What Chanyeol admired the most was how he could feel her steady breaths; because to be so near with the girl he adores gave him a sense of closeness and sanity.

Then, slowly, he kissed her forehead.

~:~

It was a cold Friday evening when Eunhae was searching for blankets at her closet since her mother permitted her to spend the night at the hospital.

After packing her bag, she stared at the shelf of her room, deciding the next book that she will let Chanyeol read.

As she decided, she checked the few books that Chanyeol already finished.

Before she could even scan them, she stopped upon noticing some scribbled words on the first page.

My dearest Eunhae,

This is a haiku for you.

You look beautiful.

Surprised at what she had just read, Eunhae opened the books that Chanyeol finished. Just as she thought, there were also strings of words on them written by him.

The autumn wind just blew a while ago,

So I caught a scent of yours which reminded me of flowers.

Although the trees are raining leaves today,

You are blooming today.

You're my spring.

You are smiling right now as you read a poem of John Keats.

I am smiling too, because of you.

You are being kissed by the rays of sun right now.

And I'm having a hard time to finish this book because I keep on looking at you.

Then, she opened the last book that he had read.

The mole on your index finger looks adorable.

The way how your eyes peek through your bangs is cute too.

Eunhae, I love everything about you.